What's new

Does Majora's Mask GC version work?

FAR

First Person Shooter
It doesnt work for me. Is there a way to get it work? I suppose so since OoT works pretty well.

OP
F

FAR

First Person Shooter
Doomulation said:
It does. What error message do you get and what are you specs, what plugins are you using?

No error message, no sound, no picture. pj simply does not recognize it as a good rom, but I'm quite sure it is. I use the default plugins that come with the 1.5. Should I update pj's rom database?

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Why in gods name would you want to play the GC version... anyway?

there is a perfectly good N64 version that is known to work out there.

Clements

FAR said:
No error message, no sound, no picture. pj simply does not recognize it as a good rom, but I'm quite sure it is. I use the default plugins that come with the 1.5. Should I update pj's rom database?

I added that rom to the RDB with the standard MM settings. Get Service Pack 1 if you haven't already and then try my update available from the sticky.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
ScottJC said:
Why in gods name would you want to play the GC version... anyway?

there is a perfectly good N64 version that is known to work out there.
Because it's fun to see it's a little diffrent from the usual oot? And for a little bigger challenge at certain points (eg, ganon's tower)?

Powerlord

Evil Emperor
Doomulation said:
Because it's fun to see it's a little diffrent from the usual oot? And for a little bigger challenge at certain points (eg, ganon's tower)?

Umm, we're talking about Majora's Mask, not OoT.

OP
F

FAR

First Person Shooter
Clements said:
I added that rom to the RDB with the standard MM settings. Get Service Pack 1 if you haven't already and then try my update available from the sticky.

Oh, yeah. That's just what I needed. Thanks, man!

OP
F

FAR

First Person Shooter
Doomulation said:
I didn't know there was a gc version of majora's mask.

Dont you remember the mario kart edition of GC? It included the zelda collection dvd.

Powerlord

Evil Emperor
There have been two Zelda Bonus discs that I've seen. The first included Ocarina of Time, Ocarina of Time: Master Quest, and Majora's Mask.

The second included Legend of Zelda (the original), Zelda II: Adventure of Link, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and a demo of Wind Waker.

So, MM has appeared on two GC discs.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
I might have considered buying that Mario kart special edition... if it wasn't £100, I might've said it was worth £60 but not £100.

zdude255

He was referring to the gold cartridge and not gamecube...

I don't remember any difference for MM in the gold cartridge but I don't know if it works on an emulator.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
He's talking about the rom included on the GC collector's edition (#2). There weren't any grey cart MM's produced.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Right, GC in this instance means Game cube, not Gold Cartridge, nobody else has thought of GC as refering to that.

Please get your facts straight first before you sign up and post rubbish.