What's new

DK64 sound + game problems

g00beRz

Peej
Whoa. I just downloaded Donkey Kong 64 and I tried to play it with Rice 5.2.0 I had problems with the sound so I switched to 5.6.0. Neither of them worked with the sound except the "Okay" when you see the "Nintendo" sign. Then you hear some monkey sounds and you see the N64 emblem..but then the sound just cuts out. When they are doing there little dance and song there is no sound.

No buttons work at all either. I can't seem to figure it out. I can't even skip past the song and dance. I need help. Appreciated. :)

I also tried Jabo 1.5 and 1.5.1 - Same result.

Flash

Technomage
You can skip intro, but you need to configure input plugin first - press Ctrl+I or go to Plug-Ins/Input Settings. :)

And what do you want to do with Jabo's 1.5.1, Rice's - it's gfx plugins, changing
them won't give you better sound :)
But this isn't sound plugin problem either..

Right click on rom name and select ROM Properties, then check Counter factor.
It must be 4.

Last edited:
OP
g00beRz

g00beRz

Peej
Flash said:
You can skip intro, but you need to configure input plugin first - press Ctrl+I or go to Plug-Ins/Input Settings. :)

And what do you want to do with Jabo's 1.5.1, Rice's - it's gfx plugins, changing
them won't give you better sound :)
But this isn't sound plugin problem either..

Right click on rom name and select ROM Properties, then check Counter factor.
It must be 4.

Whooa! Thanks a lot! That worked great.

I don't know what I was talking about with the sound.. I guess I was all freaktified about it and I forgot. Oh well, it's all over now. Thanks a lot again. Yay!
:p