What's new

Discord?

Robbbert

I notice at the bottom right corner of each page an icon called discordapp, but it doesn't do anything. Was this supposed to be some kind of discord channel? Do we even have one?

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
No we do not have any of those, the icons just came with the theme I believe and generically link to thread ot area you are browsing.

coolaid

i
No we do not have any of those, the icons just came with the theme I believe and generically link to thread ot area you are browsing.
I need to contact the staff, please contact me at a time of your earliest convenience, thank you so much

coolaid

What's up coolaid?
sorry for late reply, I lost the link that I wanted to show you but I got it back now, please let me explain to you what I needed help with.

Screenshot_20230513-071514_Photos.jpg

earlier I wrote an article on emutalk and tried reposting it to a subreddit, to draw in more people to come to emutalk.

however the subreddit mod there removed my post and bragged about reposting my emutalk article under his reddit account and says that there's nothing I can do to stop him, as seen in the screen grab I took above.

"https://archive.is/jEBiQ"

as seen above, the subreddit mod eventually reposted my emutalk article under his reddit username while I, the original author was banned by him from doing so to this day.

Screenshot_20230513-072351_Kiwi Browser.jpg
when I had reddit took down his reddit post, the subreddit mod then bragged about having a wayback machine archive of the emutalk thread, inferring that he can still repost that instead, as seen above.

so I wanted to know if emutalk can request the wayback machine to exclude only that particular thread from being archived and also removed the current archive?

rather than viewing a wayback archive, it'd be better if people come to emutalk to view the thread, which i planned on reposting the link to, on another gaming website to draw more people here.

I'm still writing another article for emutalk here. so I'll be around, please let me know anytime, thank you.

Last edited:

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
sorry for late reply, I lost the link that I wanted to show you but I got it back now, please let me explain to you what I needed help with.

View attachment 40820

earlier I wrote an article on emutalk and tried reposting it to a subreddit, to draw in more people to come to emutalk.

however the subreddit mod there removed my post and bragged about reposting my emutalk article under his reddit account and says that there's nothing I can do to stop him, as seen in the screen grab I took above.

"https://archive.is/jEBiQ"

as seen above, the subreddit mod eventually reposted my emutalk article under his reddit username while I, the original author was banned by him from doing so to this day.

View attachment 40821
when I had reddit took down his reddit post, the subreddit mod then bragged about having a wayback machine archive of the emutalk thread, inferring that he can still repost that instead, as seen above.

so I wanted to know if emutalk can request the wayback machine to exclude only that particular thread from being archived and also removed the current archive?

rather than viewing a wayback archive, it'd be better if people come to emutalk to view the thread, which i planned on reposting the link to, on another gaming website to draw more people here.

I'm still writing another article for emutalk here. so I'll be around, please let me know anytime, thank you.
Sorry to hear about your problems and your Emutalk created content being used in this way. Sadly there is not anything we can do about wayback machine archive snapshots as the user made those and has the ability to edit and maintain any self created snapshots. Even if Wayback Machine did delete it, there is nothing stopping anyone from creating a snapshot again. I can only advise avoiding that place and its staff. Even if you deleted the post on here and made another, it would still be accessable via that snapshot. The only consulation is, anyone coming from that link cannot post replies or interact with you from that snapshot.

coolaid

Sorry to hear about your problems and your Emutalk created content being used in this way. Sadly there is not anything we can do about wayback machine archive snapshots as the user made those and has the ability to edit and maintain any self created snapshots. Even if Wayback Machine did delete it, there is nothing stopping anyone from creating a snapshot again. I can only advise avoiding that place and its staff. Even if you deleted the post on here and made another, it would still be accessable via that snapshot. The only consulation is, anyone coming from that link cannot post replies or interact with you from that snapshot.

thanks for the detailed reply and for looking into this for me. I've been speaking with reddit staff for the past few days and they've been helping me with the DMCA takedown of the reddit mod's post and it looks like this can be resolved without needing to take down the wayback archive.

thanks for your advice about reddit and again thanks for looking into this for me and letting me know.

Last edited: