What's new

DirectX 9.0b / Ad-Aware 6.181

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
They released 9.0b today. 9.0 must have been REALLY buggy! I know of at least one really nasty security problem, and suspect there are many. Just a heads up for those who like to keep on top of these things. M$ also released a new advanced networking pack.

Also, a new build of Ad-Aware is available, 6.181, and they no longer support the previous build with auto-updates and such. Another heads up. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be an easy way to upgrade, and I lost my pro version and things got screwy after I tried installing the downloadable version, so DON'T do that if you have a non-regular version installed :)
I've noticed ad-watch isn't working great at ALL. Ad-Aware 5 had a better ad-watch. Is there something wrong with mine? I just did a system scan with ad-aware and it found 50 things. I was wondering why it almost never reports anything. I hope it's just some simple setup problem and not bad software, I really like Ad-Aware. What's that alternative someone recommended called again?

Kahenraz

Finally! An update!!! DirectX 9.0b, here I comE!!

I can't wait for dx9.1. There's going to be a major video card war when it's released.

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
Kahenraz said:
Finally! An update!!! DirectX 9.0b, here I comE!!

I can't wait for dx9.1. There's going to be a major video card war when it's released.

There already is a "major video card war".

Best Angel said:
SpyBot eh? It is really better than AdAware? What do you think guys?

Better and free.

Kahenraz

I find it exciting!! Also I find it depressing.. because then I always realize how dumb I was to pay $400 for my old graphics card. I'm always itching to buy the new top of the line!!!

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
As long as my next card supports DX 9 and has a pixel shader, im happy, dont care if it supports 9.1 or 10 or 6000 for that matter, i just want 9.0 support and a pixel shader, and a decent amount of vid memory.

OP
nephalim

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
The "immunize" function only fixes some vulnerabilities (and I believe is restricted to IE,) it doesn't block spyware with an active monitoring system.