What's new

Direct64 (v0.5.03.25) Plugin Issues

emulation man

Hi, everyone. As the title of this thread states, I'm having issues with the Direct64 plugin. When I attempt to use it with PJ64, it message appears that says, "Error creating Direc3D device!" Notice it is not Direct3D, but I doubt that is a part of the problem. I Googled the problem, and it appears other people getting the same problem did not have graphics cards that supported Pixel Shading. I am using onboard graphics (Yuck...) from Intel. It is the 82915G Express Chipset Family. I checked to see if it supported pixel shading, and according to this link: Graphics - Pixel Shader and Vertex Shader Support, it does. Do I just need to update my drivers, or is there another problem at hand?

Thanks ,
Emulation Man

BTW, I am using DirectX 9.

Edit: Moderators, if this belongs in the "plugins" section, please move it. I put it here by accident. C'mon...it's 12:30 AM...

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Update your drivers. Lack of vertex/pixel shaders in a graphics card/chip usually don't throw a "error creating Direct3D device" message at the user.

OP
E

emulation man

Thanks for the reply, Agozer.

I guess I'll just update my drivers, as you suggested. Hopefully, that will take care of the problem!

Edit: Drivers are updated, but I'm still getting the same error!

Last edited:

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
1 Intel provides an optimized graphics pipeline for vertex processing that is included in Microsoft* DirectX*. This can be used by games to provide software geometry processing.

This almost sounds like the programmer must do something extra to use the proper pixel shaders? Kind of like it just doesn't work "out of the box" with Intel.

You could try installing the latest DirectX just in case something is corrupt or damaged there. Here a link to the latest redist file for DX9.0c

Download details: DirectX Redist December 2006

I'm no programmer, but I am a hardware junky. I've never owned an Intel card, but I can tell you of countless forums I have been on where peeps complain about those cards just not working with games or emulation related programs.

Last edited: