What's new

Different formats supported by ePSXe

death rin VR

Strange PSX Rom

I have a Rom here (found via eMule). It's a Winzip-Archive with the following files:
gamename.ccd
gamename.cue
gamename.img
gamename.sub

I use espxe (anyone who knows this one ?) for PSX Emulation. How can i start or burn this game ?

Stezo2k

S-2K
you need clone cd/alcohol 120%/cdrwin to burn this mate

to play it, just open epsxe then click run ISO, select the IMG file

Modem

ph33r teh hammy!
Only one file is needed, actually. Run the .img file with epsxe and it will run the game. Unless, of course, you want to use your cdrom for the game. Can degrade preformance, though using the cdrom.

The .img file is the only one needed, so feel free to delete the rest.

OP
death rin VR

death rin VR

Thanks very much, it's working, but i've got another strange file ;-)...i'm going to open a new thread, if that's ok.

OP
death rin VR

death rin VR

Another Strang PSX File

This one (again from eMule, PSX-Game) is only one .nrg-File. What is that ? How can i use that for direct playing in epsxe or what do i have to do with it ?

Clements

If the format isn't compatible, I think you can mount the ISO using the Daemon tools to a virtual drive and use it that way or try using Mooby's disk image plugin. I don't know enough about this, so if you need to do this someone will fill you in exactly how to do this stuff.

jollyrancher

You can't load a Nero image in Mooby's or Daemon Tools, but you can use Nero Image Drive to mount it. In respect to the subchannel data, many cd writers can't even burn it, so it's often irrelevant. If the PSX game has subchannel copy protection (like RE3, Dino Crisis 2, etc) you can get a ppf patch and use it when you burn the cd... or you can also do "auto load ppf patch" in ePSXe.