What's new

Cy7c63001a

whatboy

Now that Wishtech isn't gonna make any more Adaptoids... Will it be a good idea to buy the chip from Cypress and do it your self???

the damn chip is the CY7C63001A wich is a damn USB microcontroler... some caps, res and a crystal... and another chip that regulates the voltage...

The one itsy bitsy problem is the Data that's on the 4K CY7C63001A EPROM... any guess???

Cyberman

Hmmmm well that's a bit much for the average PC gamer to mess with. It's not a 'damn' chip.
Here are the specs for the part
Code:
Low-cost solution for low-speed USB peripherals such as mouse, joystick, and gamepad
• USB Specification Compliance
—Conforms to USB 1.5 Mbps Specification, Version 1.1
—Supports 1 device address and 2 endpoints (1 control endpoint and 1 data endpoint)
• 8-bit RISC microcontroller
—Harvard architecture
—6-MHz external ceramic resonator
—12-MHz internal operation
—USB optimized instruction set
• Internal memory
—128 bytes of RAM
—2 Kbytes of EPROM (CY7C63000A, CY7C63100A)
—4 Kbytes of EPROM (CY7C63001A, CY7C63101A)
• I/O ports
—Integrated USB transceiver
—Up to 16 Schmitt trigger I/O pins with internal pull-up
—Up to 8 I/O pins with LED drive capability
—Special purpose I/O mode supports optimization of photo transistor and LED in mouse application
—Maskable Interrupts on all I/O pins
• 8-bit free-running timer
• Watch dog timer (WDT)
• Internal power-on reset (POR)
• Instant-On Now™ for Suspend and Periodic Wake-up Modes
• Improved output drivers to reduce EMI
• Operating voltage from 4.0V to 5.25 VDC
• Operating temperature from 0 to 70 degree Celsius
• Available in space saving and low cost 20-pin PDIP, 20-pin SOIC, 24-pin SOIC and 24-pin QSOP packages
• Industry standard programmer support
You would need a developers kit or something akin to that to program them or copy the data from them. Most EPROM microcontrollers have lock bits so you cannot read the program code in them. My Guess is that is what you would have to get around to copy the program.

Might be better off getting one of the PSX/N64 combo ones for 14.95 instead :)

Cyb

OP
W

whatboy

have lock bits so you cannot read

I think you're right... that "Damn" chip has some fuse protection...

But I think the only protection is the ID manufacturer and some other stuffs which tell the PC what the device is or is all the 4K???

But the N64/PSX doesn't have rumble/mem support???

Martin

Administrator
There's a good chance Lev (ZTNet) will continue production of the Adaptoid, I have spoken with him and it's looking good. We'll see how it goes. :)

Cyberman

whatboy said:
I think you're right... that "Damn" chip has some fuse protection...

But I think the only protection is the ID manufacturer and some other stuffs which tell the PC what the device is or is all the 4K???

But the N64/PSX doesn't have rumble/mem support???
Yeah.. the manufacturer uses a flip chip design too so you can't even know what processor they used! :)

I've looked.

Rumble support requires a lot more programing that's likely why it's not supported. Why? Well USB has some VERY specific requirements. Namely you MUST report the amount of power the control draws, for just the Controller without rumble support that's easy. Additionally rumble support requires more power and for the PSX 7.1V DC ~150ma. This is NOT available from the USB port, and would require a boost regulator added to the design or an external power supply. A 9.95 item with a power supply means rather LOW profit margins for the maker to be blunt. Adding a 3.3V or 5V to 7.1V supply costs a fair amount of money also. SO.. it's a business problem really and weather you add the power supply or not one still has to translate the USB rumble information to what the PSX or N64 controller can understand and respond to properly.

Bleah! :)

Cyb