What's new

cxbx reaches in-game! ... sortof

apexad

it has been quite a long time since I posted any news, so what better news then this!? Well, I am sure there is better news, because while this is a step in the right direction, there is still much more to be done.<br><br> Turok is now reaching in-game menus, and one can even actually start up a game (keep in mind this is done with un-released cvs builds). The problem is that 3D push buffers are not emulated, and thus you cannot see that the enemy dinosaurs are coming up and killing you.<br><br>For the full story and links to some screenshots, visit the cxbx homepage (and navigate to the forum)

<b>UPDATE:</b> As reported by users in this news item, wireframe is now working!

Last edited:

decription

@Grey actually, Halo is fully playable [30-50 fps] on an awesome computer with _SF_'s emulator, Xeon.

Anyway, congratulations to Caustik. Right as I started thinkging we hadn't heard anything he amazes me again.

Also, Apexad the link doesn't work

dosmaen

decription said:
@Grey actually, Halo is fully playable [30-50 fps] on an awesome computer with _SF_'s emulator, Xeon.

Anyway, congratulations to Caustik. Right as I started thinkging we hadn't heard anything he amazes me again.

All turok needs, as I understand, now is the textures and it is fully playable!
He's been playing it in wireframe at full speed, with some sound support!
This is truely an awesome month for next gen emulation!
:bouncy:

OP
A

apexad

decription said:

hmm... your right the link does not work. I will look into it.

I cannot seem to access the nggemu.com forums at all, so I just changed it to the cxbx homepage.

Last edited: