What's new

CS: Source

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
Just finished playin' some Counter Strike on the new Source engine (ie: HL2 engine).

THe physics are amazing, sounds are good and visually on the same level as D3, here are 2 screenies (invisible T with shottie, floating bomb):

OP
Malcolm

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
Here's some shotties (70) in a compressed zip archive from the stress tester...

JinXD

Nice shots, is this some kind of beta? I never knew there was a new Counterstrike that ran on the source engine!!

jareg

Just A Guy
Yep it is for CS:CZ users
I have play it too pritty good bad there is only one map right now :)

JinXD

jaregs said:
Yep it is for CS:CZ users
I have play it too pritty good bad there is only one map right now :)
I thought Condition Zero was just Counterstrike with a crap bot chucked in!! So is this like an extra that is on the CS:CZ disc?

-Shadow-

Banned
There is also a cracked version of CS:S floating around on the web... But it's ( currently ) not playable on inet servers , because it still uses an old client protocol ( v2 ) , the v3 hasn't been cracked , yet .

Anyways , there are some servers with protocol v2 . On one server i've seen bots (!) , how is this possible ?

Nono , i won't post any links to the cracked stuff , because i think it's illegal...

OP
Malcolm

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
JinXD said:
I thought Condition Zero was just Counterstrike with a crap bot chucked in!! So is this like an extra that is on the CS:CZ disc?
Conuter Strike:CZ users and people who have bought an ATi card, that was suposted to come with HL2, have the option of downloading CS:Source from steam and get a trial for a month.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
That's the first clever thing valve has done in the last few month...
It's real, that there are all HL2 dialogues (because of a failure made by valve) are in this package, too?

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
Note though, that buying CS:CZ will NOT get you a free copy of cs source, it will only give you access to the beta. Once the game goes final, you'll have to buy a separate copy.

smcd

AlphaWolf said:
Note though, that buying CS:CZ will NOT get you a free copy of cs source, it will only give you access to the beta. Once the game goes final, you'll have to buy a separate copy.

I hate that you have to buy it. CS started out being free... then they made it available retail. Then came along CS:CZ, also retail. Now this one... if only they said "if you bought all our previous games (I have) then you get CS:S free" (I realize they don't "owe" me anything, but it'd be damn nice) I've got the ATi HL2 card so at least I don't have to buy that bit.

Modem

ph33r teh hammy!
I believe that CS: Source will be available on the Half-Life 2 DVD. So you should get that if you buy half-life 2. Now there are two editions of HL2 though (originally it was planned as 3 or so many versions, single player, multiplayer, both). 1: Normal Half-Life2 (singleplayer and multiplayer) and Half-Life 2: Collectors Edition (not sure what extras comes on it, but no doubt Half-Life: Source and a making of video of some sort would be my guess). I'm getting the collectors edition myself... if it ever comes out. - Modem

joel_029

Lead Guitarist
Counter-Strike: Source and Half-Life 1: Source will be available at the time of HL2's release. As I understood from the E3 presentation CSS will be the multiplayer aspect of HL2 and will come with all versions of HL2.

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
Yup. There's actually a video out there somewhere (I forget exactly where...) demonstrating the Source version of Half-Life (simply known as "Half-Life Source" - imaginative...)
Basically a ragdoll physics demo showing a vast amount of scientists from the intro section being shot with the crossbow. There's talk the port will be provided with Half-Life 2, some say it'll be available via Steam instead... Of course assuming they ever finish H-L2 in the first place. ;)

Last edited:

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
Hmm...HL2 would be worth buying if it included that along with CS:Source at no extra cost. Otherwise forget it.

posty_2k3

T3h pwn3r3r
I love CS: Source. I played it for hours today. I got to have the beta because of the ATI offer. It is absolutely awesome.

smcd

I have the ATi offer as well... and prior to getting my new card I got CS:CZ. I haven't used the ATi CDKey yet (waiting until hl2 comes out, so who knows when) and I still got the beta.