What's new

Crono Trigger?

jollyrancher

So what in the ePSXe manual are you having trouble with? In terms of the plugins you should use Pete's D3D video and Eternal sound. If you don't want to spend time setting ePSXe up, you can always use VGS which is simpler, but the graphics won't be as good.

My95ZR2

I take it you are using the Chrono Trigger / Final Fantasy game...or are you talking about Chrono Cross? Either way, you should be using Pete's plugin...oh wait, you got a voodoo. I don't remember which plug-in is good with that card...anyone else?

Adam

Allnatural

My95ZR2 said:
I take it you are using the Chrono Trigger / Final Fantasy game...or are you talking about Chrono Cross? Either way, you should be using Pete's plugin...oh wait, you got a voodoo. I don't remember which plug-in is good with that card...anyone else?
Lewpy handles the Glide plugin, but I haven't noticed an update in some time.

OP
T

Tomppa

Allnatural said:
Lewpy handles the Glide plugin, but I haven't noticed an update in some time.

yes, no updates lately. and that is the problem. plug-in makes it messy(not the emulator...). :down:

Allnatural

Why not play the SNES version? No load time, and the videos in the PSX version don't add much anyway.

My95ZR2

Cause he probably spent a week on EMule trying to download the image to it. I've played a little bit of it, and honestly don't care whether it's the PSX or SNES verson...

Adam

jollyrancher

Easiest way to play Chrono Trigger is to buy it.

I assumed he already bought it and was trying to play it in ePSXe so he could get better graphics than on the real PSX. Some of my PSX games (especially GT2) play much better in ePSXe.

milen

Pete's Plugins both d3d and opengl work fine with voodoo2, just try different options and don't use nice settings cause it sets the colors to 32bits

smegforbrain

GogoTheMimic said:
Easiest way to play Chrono Trigger is to buy it. I mean shit, it's 20 bucks now with FFIV, why the hell not? oO

Yes, you can get FF Chronicles for $20 or something.

The fun part is finding a copy of it.

Note: It was released as a PSX Greatest Hits title (along with three other Square titles) last December. But it's still not the easiest to track down; I've not seen a single store carry them.

My95ZR2

They wanted almost $50 for it at EB when I first saw it...so I remember that and waited till it was released into the "ARRRGGGHHHH" world, and got it.

Adam

revl8er

That Damn Good
I'm not sure how to run it good on a voodoo, but with an fx5200 the best way to run the game is using peops video plugin. I went through the game with little errors and good graphics quality.

GogoTheMimic

Pimpin' Red Mage
smegforbrain said:
Yes, you can get FF Chronicles for $20 or something.

The fun part is finding a copy of it.

Note: It was released as a PSX Greatest Hits title (along with three other Square titles) last December. But it's still not the easiest to track down; I've not seen a single store carry them.

I live in a small town and we have it in several stores. Don't know what your problem is. *shrug* Well, the only new GH games I haven't found is Xenogears. :/

smegforbrain

GogoTheMimic said:
I live in a small town and we have it in several stores. Don't know what your problem is. *shrug*

Don't ask me. I live in Denver, CO, so it's not like there's a shortage of stores to carry it or anything.

I ended up getting the two I needed through 3rd party sellers at Amazon.com

With shipping, I ended up paying just under $20 for each.