What's new

Crackly sound (LLE)

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
System specs are below.

I am using 1964 0.8.5, PJ64 1.5 RSP, and 1964 Basic Audio 2.0.

In any game I try to run (some are worse than others) the sound is crackly. In Ocarina of Time, it's just noticeable enough to be annoying. In Banjo-Tooie, it's absolutely horrible.

I've tried using Azimer's Audio plugin 0.40 beta 2, with Sync Game to Audio set. It works well, for most games. Banjo-Tooie has no audio. My one big gripe with Azi's Audio 0.40 is that non-controller commands tend to lag horribly. E.g., I hit F12 to take a screenshot, and it's 7 seconds before the screenshot actually gets taken. My settings are below.

I've tried Azi's LLE beta 0.50.2, and the crackling is _almost_ gone, but not quite. And I still get the lag. And horrible sound in Banjo-Tooie.

Basically, what I'm asking is, is there any way to get rid of the crackling using RSP LLE audio? Or, if not, any way to get rid of the lag in Azi's HLE plugin?

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Try sliding the bar in the config. It usually helps cracky sound. As for the basic audio plugin, it's just a mere template and wasn't made to be used when emulating real games. I suggest you just forget it if you don't need it.

OP
The Khan Artist

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
It never occured to me I could uncheck "send Audio Lists to Audio Plugin" and have Azi's 0.40 plugin still work... OK, that's great. No more crackling using Sync Game to Audio. The emu control lag is still there, tho.

But I don't get sound in Banjo-Tooie that way... and using Azi's 0.30, it's just as crackly as with Basic Audio.

OP
The Khan Artist

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
mightyrocket said:
You can try PJ64 with Jabo's directsound, but I don't think it would help, because you've got onboard-sound!

:) Actually, this isn't your average onboard sound. It's easily on par with the Audigy. Dunno about the Audigy 2, tho. :p

I haven't tried PJ64 yet, 'cause I'm kinda partial to 1964. :) But I guess I will...

Slougi

The Khan Artist said:
It never occured to me I could uncheck "send Audio Lists to Audio Plugin" and have Azi's 0.40 plugin still work...
ROFLMAO

In that case you were just using azi's plugin to play back the stuff coming from the RSP :p No HLE.

OP
The Khan Artist

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
Slougi said:
ROFLMAO

In that case you were just using azi's plugin to play back the stuff coming from the RSP :p No HLE.

Well, DUH. I'm not that stupid. :p

I just didn't think it would work at all. :)

OP
The Khan Artist

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
new_profile said:
When 1964 will support Jabo's DirectSound 1.5 plugin !

Most likely never. IIRC, Schibo and Rice wrote a new design for audio plugins that is somewhat incompatible with Zilmar's specs, but gets the job done better.

scotty

The Great One
Jabos Direct Sound is pretty good, however I would rather have Schibo and Rice work on compatibility with the 1964 core. Donkey Kong 64 and Body harvest(I know the game sucks, but I like playing it) still have problems with issues with the core, Id prefer compatibility first with emulation than to have perfect audio. I think Azimer's audio plugin is good enough.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Well, it's mainly schibo who's working on the core and he's quite busy with real life now. Rice is enjoying his mass-releases of his plugin.