What's new

Corn

Willow

Does somebody know if the n64 emulator Corn is to be continued? It's after all the fastest emulator i have ever used...

Would be great if there going to be another realse... :colgate:

Cheers!!!

Stezo2k

S-2K
i highly doubt it m8, the site hasnt been updated for years, anyways theres better emus out there, 1964 isnt too slow and runs at a very nice frame rate

Stez

OP
W

Willow

Yepp....
i know that.... but i really like that emu... i could play the games with the computer i had then (166 mhz 3dfx voodoo 4 mb)
So... i would really like it to continue....
but i love pj64 btw... it rocks... :)

Blaze

N64 Devoloper
Corn is fast...

N64 has 93.75 Mhz
and Corn uses the Processor (and graphics card)
because the n64 has 93.75 Mhz you need not more then
100 Mhz for Corn (I am not sure)

Mayco

Blaze said:
Corn is fast...

N64 has 93.75 Mhz
and Corn uses the Processor (and graphics card)
because the n64 has 93.75 Mhz you need not more then
100 Mhz for Corn (I am not sure)

no, you are wrong, every emu uses the processor, but corn has a special kind of emulation ( i don't know how to explain it in technical words ). It's not because the n64 has a 93 mhz processor, that a computer with 93 mhz can run it at full speed, you need to think about the OS that is slowing everything down, the emu, drivers, etc...

corn used super hle as i call it
basically very very high level emulation where the software gave the rom what IT and IT alone wanted... which meant each slight hardware call had to be coded round, so you can acheive good framerates... but compatibilty is very limited

youre newer emulators (nemu and later...) use a sort of lle whereby they actually emulate the hardware instructions, which the roms then access as they would the n64... which means theres a helluva lot more work going on but you get far better results in the end because when you get the hardware simulated in theory most roms should run on it, unless you forget something :)