What's new

Controller Rumble Problems

dr.dino

Joel Meine, Dr. Dino
I'm using the NRage_DInput8_V2.dll plugin in PJ64 with a Sony PS2 controller and the Soyo Kiky X-Series adapter. The controller seems to work fine in PJ64 with the exception of the rumble feature. In the plugin settings, I have the Rumble Pak inserted and the force up to 100%. I'm using Zelda OoT to test the rumble by going to the fishing pond. So when I say, yes I want to fish, the fishing guy says, Wow you got the Rumble Pak, so I know it's properely being detected in the settings. But when I actually fish, I don't feel the bite of the fish or anything. The Stone of Agony thing doesn't work either.

I realize that a PS2 controller in a N64 game probably has to do with it and thus it simply isn't going to work. But if anyone can confirm any of this, that would help. Of course, my plan is to eventually get a GameCube controller and the appropriate adpater for playing N64 and NGC games. So if anyone could at least maybe confirm that a NGC controller in PJ64 works properely with rumble, that would be appreciated.

OP
D

dr.dino

Joel Meine, Dr. Dino
What do you mean exactly? A 9V power supply in my computer? The controller? The adapter? Either way, I should note that the rumble feature in my controller does work for other applications, so I know it's not totally dead. It's just in PJ64 where I have problems.