What's new

Compressed Air???

Big Mountain

I was cleaning my computer with compressed air and it tilted down and the watery cold kind hit my finger, I also have a cut on this finger, is this okay? Has anyone ever had this happen?

spartan

me and my freinds used to tilt them upside down and spay them at each other, its really cold but nothing ever happened to us because of it, i dont think you have anything to worry about.

smcd

You can get frost bite if you are exposed to it for too long. Also do not directly inhale air duster. Also do not ignite air duster as the chemical(s) released are quite toxic (we're talking LC50 1278 parts per million toxicity, within 60 minutes reference) 1,1,1,2-tetrafluoroethane has a nasty gas, hydrogen fluoride, as a by-product of combustion. This concludes the more-than-you-really-cared-to-know-about-air-duster presentation :p

Last edited:

mudlord

Banned
And this is why I use a automotive air compressor to clean my PC. No need then to be worried of nasty chemicals or frostbite....

Cyberman

I've heard death education is the latest thing!
Ummm compressed air should not be inhaled by jamming up your nose just in case.

As for it getting on your finger and being cold this is normal when you expand a gas that is compressed.

You know that ancient equation called
PV=nRT? :)
Pressure * Volume = #moles * (Rconsant) * Temperature

So as your pressure decreases and your volume increases and moles decrease your temperature will decrease as well. Namely this happens to all expanding gasses.

However the gas they call air in those cans is not air. Don't breath it, although non toxic you can sophicate. :D

Cyb