What's new

Chronicles of Riddick : Raid on Butcher Bay

mezkal

Man on a mission
Chronicles of Riddick : Escape from Butcher Bay

Wow! I know the game ain't *that* new but jesus what a game! :)

Easily makes DOOM III and Far Cry weep graphically in certain areas - and this is on an XBOX!! Then there's the controls..smooth, responsive, intelligently laid out and just a joy too play. It reminded me of Ninja Gaiden or PoP : Sands of Time - you don't have to read the tutes to play it. Oh yeah and the combat system OWNS! The first guard I killed (right before the first climbing sequence) I fought hand to hand - Riddick grabbed his gun and forced it under his chin and then punched him HARD in the hand, the dude fired his gun by reflex and blam! he's dead. Sweet! Then you have drag him into the darkness....Yes DRAG....you have to make Riddick squat and literally DRAG the guy away....so...real.

This is the closest we've yet come to in making an Interactive Movie.

If you have an XBOX and haven't got I URGE you to pick it up. At least rent it. It's worth every cent.

Cheers,

mezkal

EDIT : Title changed to relfect DuDe's comments. Yes DuDe, you are right. Thanks for the clarification.

Last edited:

jdsony

Supposed to be good for PC too. I'll have to check it out I wouldn't have thought it would be good but I read a review on it earlier today.

Stezo2k

S-2K
Yeah, i also own an imported version of the game. I must say the gameplay is stunning, especially combat which feels very violent and real. The graphics are well stunning, as good as the Doom 3 alpha anyway, and still is very very smooth, vin diesel looks almost idenical in the game.

Best single player FPS game i have ever played, better than Halo, and i used to love that game :)

sir_key

Banned
i think for pc it'll be nice... you can clearly see that the xbox is bottlenecking the graphical capacity of this game...