What's new

Chankast + kaillera spotted..

fivefeet8

-= Clark Kent -X- =-
It seems beta testers are testing chankast's kaillera implementation on a few servers. Could be real, or not, but would be pretty cool...

cuda7171

Banned
B-E-A-utiful

future online support is to good to true

i just found out how easy it is to swap dci saves to vmi, with the vms browser awesome

the little touches like that make chankast great

OP
fivefeet8

fivefeet8

-= Clark Kent -X- =-
T-Kimura said:
its fake of course, those weren't beta testers you saw, trust me..you can easily fake games on kaillera.

You saw them too? Yeah, I know it's easy to fake games on kaillera. Would be pretty cool though if it wasn't.

chinkpak

The Co-Founder of k2o
ive seen it aswell

JNES emulator allows you to rename the roms and the emulator so what you actually saw was a nes emu

feartetsuo

Yeah its fake. Actually, someone tried to fake it and typed in "Marvel vs Capcom 2 Age of new Heros". Everyone thought it was real and i said that wasnt it mvc2 New Age of heros? He left the room and renamed the rom right lol.

IceWarm

An online version of Chankast would be awesome. It would be really cool to play Soul Calibur over the internet.

qwerty1981

Haa. Dont get too worked up over Kaillera. The moment you fnd yourself playing it online, think about whether the game has gone out-of-sync.

Heres what happened between my friend and I. We played many games online using same romsets/emus with cable connection of 30ms latency and below and usually after 5-30 mins of gametime, the game would go horribly OOS.

In KOF2002, when I won many matches, he would be on the other end thinking that he thrashed me. And the funniest part is in D&D:SOM, we played 30 mins. After seeing that I acted weird, he game me a call and he asked me why I didnt follow him, and I said to him I was fighting the Stage Boss!

OP
fivefeet8

fivefeet8

-= Clark Kent -X- =-
qwerty1981 said:
Haa. Dont get too worked up over Kaillera. The moment you fnd yourself playing it online, think about whether the game has gone out-of-sync.

Heres what happened between my friend and I. We played many games online using same romsets/emus with cable connection of 30ms latency and below and usually after 5-30 mins of gametime, the game would go horribly OOS.

In KOF2002, when I won many matches, he would be on the other end thinking that he thrashed me. And the funniest part is in D&D:SOM, we played 30 mins. After seeing that I acted weird, he game me a call and he asked me why I didnt follow him, and I said to him I was fighting the Stage Boss!

I can usually tell when my opponent and I have gone off sync. We usually just restart. For the most part though, I've had hour long games without any desync.

Kagemaru

fivefeet8 said:
I can usually tell when my opponent and I have gone off sync. We usually just restart. For the most part though, I've had hour long games without any desync.

An easy (or maybe not... dunno about what is needed to put it in the emulator) solution for this problem would be a resync function like it exists in the SNES9X emulator. I hope they get it to work soon... can't wait.

AaronO

Unemulated
If Chankast were to provide Kaillera support, you would definitely hear that info first from one of the devs. Otherwise, it's not legit.