What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Cell-Shaded Wave Race 64 (Now with Demo)

CCMAN

Dreamarena . . .
Title Fight

New guy here . .

The screens look extremely hot.

(Except Glacier Coast . . ho ho!)

Dang, that must of taken ages to do.

Keep it up, dave.

superpaul

absolutely stunning work over there(Y)
I like this a lot.
If you need any help. I can make screenshots easily in cartoony style with a combination of illustrator, flash and photoshop.

Just send me some original pics ( with a name where the texture belongs too and i transform them into cartoony style )

Engeljaeger

professional pessimist
@ superpaul: eeer...either I understand you the wrong way or you don't know what this is about...the guys here don't fiddle around with screenshots to make them look nice, but they improve certain textures to make the whole game look better ;)

superpaul

I know what's going on here
ofcoarse I do
Make the original textures better quality so that we can enjoy these games in higher resolution

OP
T

The Dave

So Glacier coast is down, and Sunset Beach was also completed in the matter of two days (not much going on in that level texture-wise). Which leaves me with three levels to finish, and some text/gui stuff to get out of the way until I have everything except players, crafts, and animals retextured.

Hopefully by the end of the month I can make a new thread with a link to a version 1.0 to this mod, and then can let you guys be like public beta-testers and take feedback and revise textures that don't fit.

Also, I am totally open to anyone who wants to try and do something creative with the player textures and craft textures. If you want to try and make them looked cel-shaded, test it out. Or if you want to hi-res them all that could work too. Just remember that other than the 4 players each player has an alternate color/craft with its own set of textures.

Less talk more pics.

Kerber2k

I know your trying to go for the cartoony look but that water just is down right awful I think you should re-work it. Everything else is great.

Engeljaeger

professional pessimist
Damn, that looks cool! Especially the Glacier Coast, of course ;) (alright...I guess we've had enough temperature-related jokes :p )

I'm looking forward to the release!

ah, well...the water in Sunset Beach maybe looks a bit "solid"...

OP
T

The Dave

I rather wait until I release the texture and you see it in motion, I'm a huge fan of how it moves, which clearly won't be captured in a screen shot.

bridegur

This just keeps looking better. Glacier Coast looks great. Once the characters are complete this is going to be perfect.

OP
T

The Dave

Port Blue currently in progress (No anti-aliasing in shots, working on my laptop at the moment)

OP
T

The Dave

Althought it's just the word "Finish!" and it last less than a second, it's these types that are so rewarding to get done that I just want to post it!

64fanatic

Soon as the packs done, i'm going to dwnload the game and play all the way through with the mod.:drool:

never played the game b4 lol:bouncy:

OP
T

The Dave

I haven't had much time at all to do work on this, but I'm still trying to get some stupid HUD/GUI graphics done. It's the little things that take all the time to do, the levels are only a small percent.

Engeljaeger

professional pessimist
Oh really? I always wondered why everyone leaves the HUD behind for a long time...I thought it would be easy to get done and makes everything look much better...well, but you oughta know ;)
Looks pretty good!

OP
T

The Dave

I've started work on Drake Lake. Easily going to be the hardest for me to do and I'll probably have to revise its textures more than once.

Zichio

Really nice progress "The Dave"!, i really like your work for the HUD!. Looking forward to testing this game agian when the pack is out, keep up the good work!

e2zippo

Wow, this looks amazing. I used to play this all the time back in the days and i loved it! You're a true artist Dave, keep up the good work! I love what you've done with the HUD, people tend to forget it, and low res text looks really crappy. Looking forward to seeing the pack go public so i can once again enjoy this great game!

OP
T

The Dave

I finally dealt with the stupid single crowd member textures.

It's nothing great, but I was going to replace them all with a clear texture, so I threw them through some filter and it doesn't look that bad for a single person that goes flying by the screen.

If you don't like it make better, because this is the farthest I'm going out of my way to waste my time on these guys.