What's new

Capcom Vs Snk 2 Need help, slow frame rate!!

sara-chan2

Hello again guys, I have some questions about CVS2 for the dreamcast emulator, thanks for your help.

1. Which is he right version to download? I have the original copy of course!! so im making a backup of the game) The version I got was "CAPCOM vs SNK 2 - Millionaire Fighting 2001 (J) [EURASIA][CDI]" is this the correct version? There was a few Dreamcast selections when I searched for it, can you tell me which is the best version.

2. The frame rate is a bit slow. It runs anywhere from 26 fps- 40 fps, it depends on the stage, is there anything I can configure to make the framerate faster? (My monitor refresh rate is set at 85 hertz, capcom hack enabled, and I even tried zwrite, and it doesn't improve the framerate, it kinda distorts the sprites a little)

3. Could the CVS2 version I downloaded be causing the slow framerates?

I tried setting mode to above priority, I tried overclocking it and udnerclocking chankast by using + and - and it doesn't improve. I dunnow hat else I can do, MVC2 frame rate runs fine. An help would be apprecaited

Thanks guys, I appreciate any help

Last edited:

Mouser X

I just posted this, but REMOVE THE LINK. Otherwise, you'll most likely get banned. Hopefully you read this before a moderator comes in and cleans it up for you. Mouser X out.

OP
sara-chan2

sara-chan2

Thx for the warning, I removed it, sorry guys!

I still need help with my topic tho, help!

flowrent

What Pc do you have ?
This is the main reason why games work slow and not regions, + or - clocking etc..

floopy

There's not a lot that can be done to increase framerate within the emulator itself. Basically, the only thing you can do is make sure you have no other programs running when you play, defrag your hard drive, and disable any visual themes or skins.
Even then, you will be lucky to see an extra 5 frames per second after doing all that. Chankast depends almost solely on your cpu, so the only real way to get good performance is to get a better cpu.

axcc123

Hungry For Answers
go under one of the options menu and turn on the the capcom hack it worked for me

Last edited: