What's new

Can't make it work :(

Dh4m13l

Hello everyone.
I've been struggling for 2 hours renaming bios, creating zips, changing settings I don't understand, reading outdated forums that tell you to put files I can't find to directories that I don't know where to create... frustrating. I just want to play Shenmue again since my DC is not working anymore, I have a cdi file for the game, disk 1. Using Demul 055-64 since my computer is x64 same as OP. I have all the bios I believe. What are the correct file sizes so I can make sure I have them?
So... what do I do? Where do I go from here? I keep getting a message that says can't find mpr-21931.ic501 and 1_01d_01.bin...
please could you help me out? thank you and Merry Christmas.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
do you have dc.zip with hdc.dat in it as well as all the necessary BIOs files (inluding the Dreamcast US BIOS 1_01d_01.bin)?

OP
D

Dh4m13l

I have the bios but with a different file name than the one you mention, that's why I asked about the file size, so I can rename it. I'd appreciate you provide me with that information please. I'm not sure about the hdc.dat file, I have several bios files. Thanks.

Agozer

Sorry, a typo earlier, I meant dc.dat. I don''t have the file sizes at hand at the moment.

OP
D

Dh4m13l

I do not have those files with those names, I downloaded the bios from ********. I believe if you give me the size I can rename them. This is very frustrating, could you please check it out how you did it and let me know? nobody seems to know

Mod edit: No romsites

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
D

Dh4m13l

I made NullDC work as I replied in the other post, but Demul does not work for me...

Agozer

nullDC is not as strict with the filenames and CRCs of the BIOS files as Demul is (nor does it require a separated .dat file for BIOS file information for that matter). There is a BIOS pack made specifically for Demul floating around the 'net.

Nexus382

I made NullDC work as I replied in the other post, but Demul does not work for me...

i had the same issue. Google the BIOS FOR DEMUL. From what I heard you may leave them zipped,I unzipped them. I made a folder named ROMS in my main demul directory. I placed the unzipped BIOS in the ROMS folder. After opening Demul, I went to the plugin folder and made sure it was looking for the BIOS and Roms in the new folder I made, ROMS. that was about the depth of setting it up. Try this and let me know if it worked for you because the NEW BUILD of Demul (.5.8.2) is really decent.

Last edited: