What's new

cant get dolphin to work

upsguy27

when i run dolphin with my .gcm file it says "Unknown write to PI_RESET_CODE 00000007" and the an endless string of TWI messages.

this is from another thread:
first - your graphic card has to support pixelshaders (v2) which i think does
second - try to have the latest drivers for your card and of directX
third - make sure that the option where it says something like "ignore unemulated opcodes" is activated
fourth - if youre still unhappy, deal with it...

1. my graphics card has pixelshader v3
2. i just installed the latest drivers
3. it is
4. :(

is there any reason it does this?

The game you're trying to run is probably not compatible with dolphin, even if games are compatible they all run too slow to play at this point.

OP
U

upsguy27

but in the dolphin compatibility thread i saw the game im trying to play as running at about 10 fps.

A lot of games "run" to the point you might be able to get in game and take a screen shot. The game that you saw with 10fps was probably just in the menu screen or title screen, no games run in game fast enough to play till they release a new dolphin version in the future.

OP
U

upsguy27

help in what?
it looks very normal to me

no that was a picture i got out of the dolphin compatibility thread because i was showing the other guy that it would work in dolphin. my first post tells the problems i have.

Clements

Which version of Dolphin are you using? For me, Dolphin v1.02 works with Animal Crossing.

OP
U

upsguy27

i didn't think it would.

i remember there was anotehr guy who had the EXACT same problem as i did, the same error messages, everything.

Esteemed members of the board, fellow emulator enthusiasts, I salute you!
I have only just joined the ranks of happy Dolphin users, and seem to have a little trouble starting an image. The only iso at my disposal at the moment in Animal Crossing, which generates the following error upon launch “Unknown write to PI_RESET_CODE 00000007” followed by an infinity of TWI messages in 1.3 and a CPU-Reset Message in 1.2
My Specs:

Amd Barthon 2,8+
640M Ram
WinXp Pro
GeFroce FX5200

I realize the specs are a bit low, but I hope to be at least able to get the game to show the opening screen.

I believe Dolphin detects the ISO as using European Bios

same game too.

This is all silly talk anyway. No matter what anyones problem is or what game can run on dolphin or not, the bottom line is nothing is playble no matter what you do.

When and if a new version is released we might be able to get more games to work and play at a decent speed at that time. All these new threads from new guys trying to run the emu think it works and they are doing something wrong but it just will not play games fast, period. I know it's tough and it's not done yet but it tends to get annoying after a while on here.