What's new

canada's internet kind of rocks

zAlbee

Keeper of The Iron Tail
broadband_ranks.png

ranking from www.dslreports.com/archive

i have Cogeco myself (#7). 5000/640 for $45 CAD. always fast, it's sweet. I use Rogers (#21) when i'm back home in toronto.

Last edited:

Davemc

Dave
My 500/30 for £23 a month is well good. *cough*
So you pay less than me and get 10x faster? How gay.

OP
zAlbee

zAlbee

Keeper of The Iron Tail
hehe. 30 kbit upload tho? ow. even 56k v.92 dialup is faster than that...

knuckles: it says at the top that the stats are calculated daily. check the page again. it's different every day. i believe this is a ranking of the average speeds on speed tests, while the link you have shows the top speeds. btw the top speed for cogeco is a bit under 10000/1000 (costs $70... i don't think it's necessary ;))

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
Trotterwatch said:
The thing is, what you gain on the highspeed access you lose on having to associate with Canadians :p

LOL! I still think the US deserves an apology for Celine Dion.

sheik124

Emutalk Member
no Japan is, they have 10 Mbps downstream 3 upstream over there.
I saw a commercial recently, its about signing a petition to update the US telcom laws, says thats why we have such slow broadband

Trotterwatch

I'll just add that here in Lund you can actually get 'Gigabit' Internet; about $90 a month; cachement area ain't that large though probably.

10/100mbs connections ain't uncommon either ;)

Clements

I wouldn't mind paying £19.70 for 5Mbit. Right now I'm paying £16 for 150/256 (soon to be upgraded to 256kbit by my ISP).

UKonline offers 8MBit, dunno the price since it doesn't say on the site, probably need to remortgage your house and sell all your possessions to afford it for a single month.

Trotterwatch

The more I see this thread the more I think that chart is kinda misleading. Most ISPs in Sweden will blow those speeds out of the water :)

Maxim Dude

Banned
Perhaps that would be for the best, for more reasons than this, Shadow...

I am cancelling this crap bundle and getting some decent Cable Internet! I'm paying more for less...Bastards...

OP
zAlbee

zAlbee

Keeper of The Iron Tail
gigabit internet? already? damn, i don't even have gigabit <i>intranet</i>. :eek:

TrotterWatch said:
The more I see this thread the more I think that chart is kinda misleading. Most ISPs in Sweden will blow those speeds out of the water
heh. well, the thing's completely based on user tests averaged over the week... so if no one tests their connection this week, it doesn't show up. the average for your ISP could be higher, or it could be lower, no one will know if you don't test. =)