What's new

Can you get DOA2 LE JAP to work?

TheFreeman

Guardian of Destiny
Well, you modifiy the image, and that's all peachy, but does anyone ACTUALLY know WHY do we have to do this modification? Howcome the unaltered copy does not work? Vga/NTSC is implemented in 0.2a , so what is missing in order for us to be forced to make this modification?

mezkal

Man on a mission
The ISO we create, using this method, removes the Echelon portion (intro/loader/incompatible code) of the image. The restructured ISO just loads 1ST_READ.BIN properly without the previously preceeding Echelon code. This makes it more compatible with Chankast. That's all. The Echelon loader screwed up 0.2 and 0.2a and seeing as Echelon were the only group to release the LE edition of DOA2 noone ever thought to remove their loader.

The game itself is compatible with the VGA and standard TV outs. This ISO rebuild just makes the ISO load properly in Chankast.

Cheers,

Mezkal

TheFreeman

Guardian of Destiny
Guru64 said:
Yay! It works now! :D

For al those lazy asses, I attached a .rar file that contains:

-Edited 1ST_READ.BIN
-Copied IP.BIN

Do we need to run binhack or not on these files?
Are these pre-binhack or post-binhack?

Nightmare

(when dream come true)
TheFreeman said:
Do we need to run binhack or not on these files?
Are these pre-binhack or post-binhack?

even if they are post-binhack, it's not important since binhack overwrite some of the content...

Dreamlover

@Squaresoft74: Help me please. The programm wants to burn on a CD, but I want make a image only on my harddisk. I´m useing "Pinoy2201's Ultimate Selfboot Kit Version 4 Final"

Thank you

pringles89

maxxxp said:
I have tried doa2le with ch 0.2 and 0.2a and confirm it freeze during this cutscene, i'm using alcohol.

My system: Athlon xp 2000+ mobile, 512 mb ram, geforce4 go, win xp sp1

same thing happens to me! i wanted to beat story mode with tina to see her ending.

ssj2joe

I got my doa2le to work now in chankast! :happy: The emulator isn't fully compatable with the game yet, but it's pretty good still. (lei-fang's hair is weard colors.) I'll post a screenshot of that in a little bit for you all to see.

ssj2joe

doa2lescreen.JPG

Kasumi rules!!

(http://www.geocities.com/ssj2joe/doa2lescreen.JPG - the link incase the image isn't viewable, the server may have bandwidth issues from time to time.)

tonic

do you have to attach 1st_read.bin and IP.bin to DOA2LE-ECH.cdi? if so how? do I have to burn the final image to CD?

tonic

it's okay i got it to work. can't gt it to run higher than 30fps, i get about 50-60 on soul calibur but still cool!