What's new

Cam Spy + Cloak Slow downs

Using Glide64 and 1964 I get VERY slow frames whenever I use the cam spy or see someone go cloaked....I'm talking 2 fps. I have a 6800GT so I assume something isn't right here.

Which wrapper/video settings cause these slowdowns? Is it the hardware frame buffer option that fixes this? Well basically its unplayable because the minute I start the G5 building enemies cloak and I can't move its so slow.

Gonetz

Plugin Developer (GlideN64)
These frame buffer effects work fast with Glide64 only on Voodoo4/5, i.e. on the video cards, which support hardware frame buffer emulation implemented in Glide64. For you it will be better to use Jabo 1.6, it works a bit incorrect but fast.

OP

Gonetz said:
These frame buffer effects work fast with Glide64 only on Voodoo4/5, i.e. on the video cards, which support hardware frame buffer emulation implemented in Glide64. For you it will be better to use Jabo 1.6, it works a bit incorrect but fast.

Yeah it seems to do the job. So does that mean there is no way to achieve the full accurate frame buffer affects + full speed on modern hardware? Or have plugins just not achieved it yet? I'm just confused as to why progress seems to be only on the glide front....but then again I guess its due to the wrapper. I'll just have to wait until Hacktarux manages HWFB in his wrapper.