What's new

Black grass in OOT

jessman(reborn)

EmuTalk's Own L'istigatore
I've been using n64 emulators for a while now, and I've never had strange issues like this, but for some reason lately when I use Jabo's Direct3D8 1.6 driver the plain area in OOT is covered in blackness. The roads are visable and everything else looks normal, but the damn grass is all weird. I tried downgrading my GFX drivers and I have a GeForce 2MX 400. It plays fine on Jabo's Direct3D6, but I want the smoothers. Any ideas?

OP
jessman(reborn)

jessman(reborn)

EmuTalk's Own L'istigatore
Thanks for the reply, Clements. So, was it my imagination that it used to work fine? What on earth?! lol. Sigh...I'll calm down. Is there a plugin that supports the blur effects and smoothers that will work properly with my card? Thanks again.

EDIT: Super Mario 64, Kirby 64, and Smash Bros. all have normal display. Why is it that only some games look warped?

DJlink

what Clements is saying is that you need a new graphics card with pixel shading

but first look up your graphics card and get the newest driver for it and if that doesnt work see below.

If you are looking for a graphics card with pixel shading I suggest the NVIDIA Geforce FX 5700 ultra it shouldnt be expensive since it is old but it is newer than what you have.

It may not play high end games to their max preformance like DOOM 3 or the elder scrolls: oblivion but its better than what you have and will fix this problem.

It may be slightly hard to find though since it is old unless you want to buy it online or at a local mom and pop computer store.

Last edited: