What's new

BFG GeForce 6600GT (AGP) issue

Dysprosium

Graphics Designer
As you can see from this image, I'm having a bit of an issue with my video card.

This issue also persists in any 3D game, but the card runs fine otherwise. All the features of Aero in Vista work perfectly, and the card is running fairly cool. It's in an AGP4X port, but hasn't given me any issues prior to now.

Any idea what could be causing it? I believe it still had the error when I used XP about a month ago.

OP
Dysprosium

Dysprosium

Graphics Designer
i see no image
I linked to it, but I'll just use the image tags.

sampledq1.gif

The preview of the nVidia logo has what seems to be a texture mapping problem, but it's universal with 3D rendering.

smcd

You might try rolling back to an earlier driver. Also if you are overclocking, try reducing the overclock a bit. (gpu speed, graphics memory speed, cpu speed, main memory speed/timing)

OP
Dysprosium

Dysprosium

Graphics Designer
You might try rolling back to an earlier driver. Also if you are overclocking, try reducing the overclock a bit. (gpu speed, graphics memory speed, cpu speed, main memory speed/timing)
I've installed Forceware 100.64 from February, and the nVidia logo now looks fine. Although the issue is still very present in games.

I'm not sure how to underclock my card; it's overclocked out of the box. How might I go about underclocking it?

smcd

Ah, well if youre not sure how to overclock then you likely have not done so ;) Cards that come overclocked are usually tested that they can run safely at those speeds. Have you cleaned your PC lately? (remove dust and ensure all connections are securely fastened) This may or may not help.

OP
Dysprosium

Dysprosium

Graphics Designer
Ah, well if youre not sure how to overclock then you likely have not done so ;) Cards that come overclocked are usually tested that they can run safely at those speeds. Have you cleaned your PC lately? (remove dust and ensure all connections are securely fastened) This may or may not help.
Eariler today, in fact. I was told that might be the problem but it didn't help. :(

gokuss4

Meh...
Get driver cleaner pro http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=745

Uninstall your nvidia drivers normally but dont restart yet. Run driver cleaner after and delete all NVIDIA video drivers, restart computer. Load windows back up and don't let it install drivers automatically, run driver cleaner again getting rid of any files left over. Reinstall your NVIDIA video drivers. See if that helps at all.

OP
Dysprosium

Dysprosium

Graphics Designer
Sadly, it didn't work. Is there anything else that could be wrong, or is my card just incapable of rendering 3D nowadays?

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Looks like the final vertices are getting messed up in VRAM (though technically a ton more issues could cause such vertex corruption). Try underclocking the RAM some?

OP
Dysprosium

Dysprosium

Graphics Designer
I've just underclocked the vRAM from 1050mhz to 450mhz (or around there, lowest setting RivaTuner would let it be set - a friend recommended I use that program), and the error still shows itself ingame.

It's a persistent one.

smcd

You might try rolling back to an even older driver if possible. Sounds like something might be legitimately forked though :(