What's new

Battle field 1942

RPGlover12

Hey there,
i downloaded battle field 1942 me and a friend
for him ti works great but for me , but for me it stops loadin at the end or at the begging and after that it wont start the game at all and wont even cancel when i press escapeand i have to reset the computer but my friends doesn't have this problem at all
my friend specs
p3 800
ati radeon 32
256 ram
winxp
my specs
p4 1.7
256 ram
tnt2 m64 32 megs
winxp
wat could be causin this problem
any help appreciated

OP
RPGlover12

RPGlover12

iq_132 said:
It might be your video card, but I wouldn't bet my life on it.
Maybe it is since the video card that supported in the game must support HW-T&L and my card doesn't but my friend does since he has a radeon and its supported but there is aprogram called 3danalyze that makes the game sees that the graphic card supports HW-T&L
any comments or suggestions
or i will have to upgrade anyway
any help appreciated

haXgirl

I know people with shittier machines that can play it with little problems. I have 2 suggestions: 1) Get a better video card -- mine (geforce4 mx440) was $130 (canadian) and works great for this game. 2) Make sure you dont have a bunch of other programs open when you play. I usually close just about everything for optimum preformance.

Oh, and more ram is always a good thing :p

Download this to test the preformance of your video card -- it takes about 5 minutes to run: http://gamershq.madonion.com/download/?3dmark2001.shtml

My stats:
OS: Win2K Professional 5.0 Service Pack 3 (Build #2195) CPU: AMD K7 Athlon XP, 1.40 GHz Video: Plug and Play on nVidia GeForce4 MX 440 (1024x768x32bpp 60Hz) Sound: Avance AC97 Audio Memory: Used: 111/256MB Uptime: 2h 26m 37s 81ms HD: Free: [D:] 11.45/27.50 GB Connection: Accton EN1207D/EN2242A Series NDIS 5.0 driver @ 10.0 Mbps (Rec: 94.10MB Sent: 7.47MB)

OP
RPGlover12

RPGlover12

haXgirl said:
I know people with shittier machines that can play it with little problems. I have 2 suggestions: 1) Get a better video card -- mine (geforce4 mx440) was $130 (canadian) and works great for this game. 2) Make sure you dont have a bunch of other programs open when you play. I usually close just about everything for optimum preformance.
bout the graphic card its not easy since am askin for many stufff :) and about the other programs i dont think that its causin the problem since i closed everything when i first tried it and never worked :) well i mainly think its the graphic card since mine doesn't support HW-T&L except with a program and it stops at the endin of the loadin i dunno if anybody experiencied this problem but if anybody did and found out how to solve plz repyl then ;)

OP
RPGlover12

RPGlover12

Hey guys could this be coz of the drivers ??? since i installed the 40.xx one i dunno if its supported by my card or not ??? should i return to 30.82 and give it a try or not

Stezo2k

S-2K
well i heard that some ppl have probs with the Detonator 40 drivers so that might be the prob, however i have no probs at all with any game

Stez

Josep

eyerun4phun
pretty sure its still a multiplayer beta, so just say screw it for now, it'll more than likely be fixed in the final version;)

OP
RPGlover12

RPGlover12

Josep said:
pretty sure its still a multiplayer beta, so just say screw it for now, it'll more than likely be fixed in the final version;)
yeah but i can't download the full version can i ;) its pretty big 2 cds ;) and i dont have any space on me comp ;) so i guess screw both ;) mafia owns them ;)

OP
RPGlover12

RPGlover12

i tried mafia out it rules ;) i played it in an internet cafe for 3 hours ;) and i didn't have a ride home ;) so had to walk ;) for that game ;) but hell deserves it ;)