What's new

batman beyond rotj U: steam fx missing

returno

This game pretty much sux. But I play it now and then: Batman looks kinda cool and the music is tolerable for about 5 minutes.

Anyway, some parts are quite difficult because I can't see steam-type effects. The attached screenshot shows the lack of steam coming from the cracks in the steam pipes. At least I think that's what I should see. I can hear steam. I get hurt by something periodically if I stand in front of the cracks. Logical conclusion: missing steam. It's not so bad getting by this, but there's also a reptile-like creature that spits something at me I can't see and Joker Masks on the wall that are shooting something out that I also can't see. I suspect steam-like effects are involved.

It's a ! rom.

I've tried various settings without positive effect. I've checked the faq and I don't see anything on this game there. Sorry if I missed it. I don't see any other posts about problems with this game either. Either it works on most people's machines or no one plays it... Or both.

Specs:

GeForce 256 32MB
NVIDIA Driver version 2.1.8.3 (9/2001)
Athlon 750
Win 2K
PJ 1.4
Jabo 1.4 DX6 or DX7 (no diff)

OP
returno

returno

same with PJ1.3 and E rom

PJ 1.3 w/Jabo 1.3D6 and 'E' rom are no different in regard to steam.

OP
returno

returno

Reference rasterizer = no change

Using the "reference rasterizer" (enabled via DX control panel taken from DX SDK downloaded from MS) makes no difference.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Re: Reference rasterizer = no change

returno said:
Using the "reference rasterizer" (enabled via DX control panel taken from DX SDK downloaded from MS) makes no difference.
Then I suppose this is an emulator limit.

OP
returno

returno

bbrotj-no-steam.zip save uploaded

I've uploaded the save state to issues.pj64.net as suggested.