What's new

Banjo Tooie, Jiggy Puzzle...

whatboy

Ok... So I have two PC... Same Board, memory and HDD, and of course same settings... but on one I have a nVidia Vanta 16Mb SDRAM and on another I have a ATI Radeon 7200 64Mb SDRAM, the weird thing is that as you might think the Radeon will be superior to the Vanta but when on the Jiggy Puzzle the Vanta shows the real image on movement on the puzzle pieces, and on the Radeon shows a snow-noise image on the same spot of the game... ??? WTF??? of course the vanta reduce the FPS to ~3 and then hangs, on the ATI everything seems normal, except the image on the puzzle... is not a big thing, 'cos you do the puzzle by the shape of the Jiggys not the Image...

Is a nVidia vanta 16Mb better than an ATI Radeon 64Mb???

Matt Lukin

lol...only things i can say is that i have had very bad experiences with ati, and i think ati sucks (can anyone say ati rage pro? (and say the name of some game that can run well using it? , lol) )

btw i have a 3d prophet II gts 64 mb pro and i can also see the jiggies "movement" at about 10/15 frames :D

not bad i guess... (it hangs after sometime though)

LD.

*poke*
Doom runs well on a Rage Pro :p

Check the settings in Jabo's 1.5. Something like "Self Rendered Textures" is the one you're looking for - make sure it's checked.

Eagle

aka Alshain
Matt Lukin said:
lol...only things i can say is that i have had very bad experiences with ati, and i think ati sucks (can anyone say ati rage pro? (and say the name of some game that can run well using it? , lol) )

btw i have a 3d prophet II gts 64 mb pro and i can also see the jiggies "movement" at about 10/15 frames :D

not bad i guess... (it hangs after sometime though)

What the hell are you talking about? ATI is one of the two best video card makers there is. The Radeon and the Geforce run neck and neck.

Matt Lukin

i was talking only based on an experience with an ati rage pro... :)

i guess another game that runs on it would be solitaire :D

i've heard good things about the new ati chipsets though

Natus

the new Radeon 9700/9700 PRO are extremely impressive ... they basically flog the GeForce4 Ti 4600 in every test that they compared them on (I perused a review on TomsHardware) ...

but the funny thing is, unless you like running games at 1600x1200 or other psycho resolutions, you probably won't even notice the speed differences ;)