What's new

Banjo-Kazooie problems...

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
I wasn't sure where to put this but since it involves Jabo's D3D plugins, I guess this is the best place.

My problem is that several effects that should be mostly transparent (trail behing the 'thing' that flies around while the Nintendo and Rare logos appear, sparkles around the Rare logo, dust the appears when an enemy is creamed, water splashes) come out as large, opaque squares.

On my old PC (P3 450, GeForce2 MX) these problems didn't appear. Under Windows 98SE on this computer (AMD Athlon XP 2100+, ATI Radeon 8500LE) I was able to fix the problem by upgrading my video drivers (though other problems remained). However, this has failed to work under Windows XP and no amount of tweaking can make any difference.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I've tried both 1964 0.8.3c and Project64 1.5 beta 1 to no avail.

BladeX

I have a similar problem - It doesn't really effect the gameplay but is annoying I know - I think it is a graphics card problem!!!

Ryoga

Lost
Hey!
I use a bottom of the line Radeon card and don't have any of the problems you describe in B-K...

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Ryoga said:
Hey!
I use a bottom of the line Radeon card and don't have any of the problems you describe in B-K...
Well, as i said, ati does bad drivers. Some works, some don't.

OP
L

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
Well I have serious problems (and in case you're wondering, this is a demo but the same things happen in-game). Well, I guess I'll just have to wait for ATI to get their act together...