What's new

Avi recording on vista

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
I didn't have time to check if any of you mupen64plus have looked at this problem, but it seems avi recording doesn't work on vista: it records black video.

Here's a workaround that has been found by a user:

Hey again hacktarux! I am so glad and happy! I want to say thank you for your support! I finally found the solution: 1. Right click on the mupen executable file and choose "properties" 2. Go to "compatibility" and choose "run this program in compatibility mode for:" and choose in the drop-down list windows xp (service pack 2) 3. Use "disable visual themes" and "disable desktop composition" and click apply. 4. Run the program! I promise! I got both video and audio! Can you post this in the forum? Because other vista users should also have this problem!

Some notes if anyone is interested in fixing this bug:
- before using this workaround this user has tested various plugins including glide64. Glide64 is using a plugin spec extension to capture pictures while other plugins use windows function to capture main window content. Still, both methods are giving the same result.
- i've read that it's a known bug in vista when using the avi recording functions, but it is supposed to be fix with latest windows updates. This user has installed every available updates and it didn't work.
- So, with the previous tests, i still don't know if the problem comes from the capturing part or from the recording part of this feature and i can't test myself as i don't have vista :(

okaygo

Mupen64Plus Dev.
As of now recording has been removed from Mupen64Plus, we will be reimplementing it. None of us have Vista to test with either. I will leave that up to the TAS Community. hacktarux glad to hear you are still interested in the furthering of this project.

We also rewrote the CaptureScreen in most of the plugins, all of them have it. We are also doing some cool things with On Screen Display. When we redo AVI recording, we will make sure to do it correctly.

nmn

Mupen64Plus Dev.
Hey Hacktarux. I have a copy of Vista and will do my best to resolve the problem in Mupen64Plus, however, I'm busy trying to get the win32 port working well in the first place.