What's new

Australian Toilets

Ketil

Do they really flush in the opposite direction as they do up here in the states (do to being closer to the South Pole, I presume)?
And do they really have a flusher for pee and a heavy-duty flusher for cleaning up the deuce?

Josep

eyerun4phun
wtf?! who cares?! i sure as hell don't, lets take a poll for the next people replying to this: Who gives a shit about what this guy just said??:)

Yes=0 votes
No= 1 vote(s)

at the end of each message end it with what i put above;)

Redah

Go Sweden! Not!
Administrator
According to a Simpsons episode, they really do flush the other way. The water goes the other direction.

Or something.

But then again, how trustworthy are the simpsons :D

Sukh

Long gone...
In the southern hemisphere, water twirls in the opposite direction to the northern hemisphere. I think it is something to do with gravity and the moon, meh, I don't care...

OP
Ketil

Ketil

Josep said:
wtf?! who cares?! i sure as hell don't, lets take a poll for the next people replying to this: Who gives a shit about what this guy just said??:)

Yes=0 votes
No= 1 vote(s)

at the end of each message end it with what i put above;)

This same exact thread was a great hit in an other forum, so i thought why shouldn't it here?:sly:

Macca

rofl....that pic is my desktop picture martin :p

oh and the toilets..... they do go the other way but i tend to just crap and flush, not study them :D

Raging Fuel

The jumbles man, the jumbles
What the hell are you on Macca? In Australia the toilets are designed differently from ones in America (and a lot of other countries). The water in the bowls don't actually swirl around. In US (and other places, but I'll just call it that) toilets the water fills up the whole bowl and then drains. In Australian toilets the filling and the draining occurs at the same time (it creates a 'wave' kinda thing). Yes, water in the Southern Hemisphere does turn the opposite way to water in the Northern Hemisphere (see determination's post for the reason), but this does not affect Australian toilets.

And yes, in some (not all) toilets there is a choice for 1/2 flush or full flush.

OP
Ketil

Ketil

Well, all they sell at Home Depot and the other "fine" American hardware stores is the swirly ones. Trust me, I want the hardcore one (so I don't have to deal with clogging when my retard brother puts paper towels in there) anymore. How about you guys?:D

Tri-Force

Philosopher Warrior
Raging Fuel said:
What the hell are you on Macca? In Australia the toilets are designed differently from ones in America (and a lot of other countries). The water in the bowls don't actually swirl around. In US (and other places, but I'll just call it that) toilets the water fills up the whole bowl and then drains. In Australian toilets the filling and the draining occurs at the same time (it creates a 'wave' kinda thing). Yes, water in the Southern Hemisphere does turn the opposite way to water in the Northern Hemisphere (see determination's post for the reason), but this does not affect Australian toilets.

And yes, in some (not all) toilets there is a choice for 1/2 flush or full flush.
filling and flushig (draining whatever) happens at the same time in the US too. water lets out and the water comes in from the holes in the top at the same time to fill.

sk8bloke22

roll for life
those toilets were the water rises when u flush r the scariest....many embarassing moments on them.

now the weirdest toilets are in france where they hav like these little holes in the floor to do shits...

Eagle

aka Alshain
sk8bloke22 said:
now the weirdest toilets are in france where they hav like these little holes in the floor to do shits...

Holes in the floor? Last I heard, those were called latrines not toilets.