What's new

ATI Driver with buid in Glidewrapper

FloW3184

Emu_and_Mobile_Freak
Did anyone of you try the new UniAN Drivers for ATI Radeon gfx-cards?
They have a build in GlideWrapper (GLideWrapper v0.08e).
I don't know how good it is workin with Glide64. I did not try it because of no time.
Can you try it out? or maybe post some images of how the quality is?
http://www.driverheaven.net/showthread.php?t=56491

(sorry for my _not_that_good_english_ ^^)

-Shadow-

Banned
I've played the lab bunny and tested the glide wrapper ! There is no big difference between it and Hacky's wrapper except the stability . The wrapper gets screwed forever if you select hardware framebuffer ! It crashes when you do so , but the point is that it never works normally with glide 64 again ! There's that "gfx cannot be drawn in windowed mode" message , and if you turn on fullscreen , you see graphics , but the sound stops ! And the only way to get out of the fullscreen mode again is hitting the reset-button ^_^

I could only take this one screen before the wrapper got screwed ( i tried HW-FB and the FB image isn't misplaced in fullscreen ! ) .

It's not really worth to download the driver just because the wrapper , because Hacky's is still better ;)

/edit : Ah , and motion blur is slow as hell with that wrapper ( 9 fps ) !

Last edited:
OP
F

FloW3184

Emu_and_Mobile_Freak
I'm just back from work (scheiß schicht ^^).
Now i have a little time and will test it too.

OP
F

FloW3184

Emu_and_Mobile_Freak
The Driver doesn't hang up on my system.
All i had to do is to close the game (on 1964 F4) and then close the emu to get the original screensize back.If not you can reset the Driver with that little ATI tray-tool.
I think everithing on this glidewrapper looks like on an original voodoo1 because theres no 2nd texture unit. And i found out that this wrapper is from openglide.sourceforge.net so "Hacky" can grab the source if he wants to.
I think it would be cool to have a really good build in glide wrapper with your drivers. Somebody should give Hackys glidewrapper source to the coder of these UniAN drivers! ^^