What's new

Athlon XP T-bred 2400+ cooling

-Shadow-

Banned
zAlbee said:
and you were able to set your timings to 2-2-2-5? that's amazing.

I doubt that the ram would run @ DDR-500 mode and that extreme timings ! IMO even corsair didn't made that !

OP
RJARRRPCGP

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
I dunno, because then I may be required to change the power supply again for 1 GB of RAM!!! Everytime I get different RAM, I run Memtest86 to see if there are any errors and if they are any, my motherboard probably is incompatible with the RAM or I'm required to get a 550W or 480W power supply for 1 GB of RAM.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
I can't run at 500MHz regardless, because of my FSB. I'm at 2.66 TURBO (adds about 20ish MHz) x169 right now = 466, which is as high as I can go. The RAM is underclocked, so 2-2-2-5 isn't too unbelieveable. I bought PC4000 so that I could run at my max speed with this CPU aswell as be somewhat future proof. :p

I set it to 2.7v aswell, for good measure. Seems perfectly stable from what I can see.. was playing CS:S all night last night without a problem.

Last edited:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
RJARRRPCGP said:
Maybe for Windows XP, but with Windows 2000, 512 MB is more than enough!!! Because Microsoft made Windows XP somewhat bloated :(.

BTW, even with 256 MB of RAM, my system was still fast.
What? Windows XP IS WINDOWS 2000! with some changes anyway,

In fact on Windows XP my system is faster than it is on Windows 2000, XP seems to use less memory than it does and boots up faster.

Windows 2000 needs the memory just like XP does, microsoft haven't barely touched the memory management in the move to 2000 from XP, look at task manager, its identical near enough.

Plus, if you have PC2700 ram already, you can have another PC2700 stick quite easily, if your power supply is over 350watts (dunno if american's psu's are the same, must be) then your power supply should be able to support almost anything you fling at it.

Last edited:

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
I ran 1GB of PC3200 in this box just fine with a 300W Allied PSU about two weeks ago.. worked like a charm, P95 for over 24 hours perfectly. I doubt PSU is much of an issue when it comes to RAM.

Running a 450W Enermax now, everything's great.

OP
RJARRRPCGP

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
cooliscool said:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-220-004&depa=1

I bought some of that. Best RAM you can buy for the price, hands down.

Not worth it, unless I get a nForce2 motherboard or Via KT880 motherboard, because it's impossible to get 230 mhz FSB or higher with a Via KT400 chipset, I would be lucky to get 185 mhz FSB with a Via KT400 chipset :(.

Chances are, I would be required to do a risky VDD mod to even get the FSB to 230 mhz, anyway, if I do change the motherboard.

Last edited: