What's new

Athlon Processor temperature

sogetsu2k1

Tux needs you!
I have an Athlon xp 2200+ and is heating near 115 °F and my Chassis is at 100°F. Several guys told me that my processor was overheating and I'm worried about that. Is my processor overheating a lot and what's the max temp it can handle? I wanna hear somebody's Athlon temperature to know what's normal and what's not

Eagle

aka Alshain
Mines running at 115 degrees now and if mine overheats my motherboard shuts the system down so it must be fine. I have extreme cooling too and its still 115 degrees. Athlons run hotter than Intels, its normal.

Redah

Go Sweden! Not!
Administrator
Lol, if 115 F is about 47C, you got a nice cool CPU, many people can't manage to keep a 2200+ that cool :)

So you have absolutely -nothing- to worry about d00d. An AthlonXP kan go upto 90 degrees Celcius where it will crash and burn within a minute. So if you shut it down at 80 degrees no harm done.

But seriously, 115 Farenheit is nothing.

RJA

The PC Wiz
115F *is* hardly anything!

I couldn't even get my AMD Athlon T-bird 1.3 ghz below 113F
and would be at 127F average.

And as I'm posting, PC Cillin just went bonkers with a SYN Flooding attack report, whatever that is.

UltraThing

My XP1700+ goes as high as 55c (130F) under load ... the alternative is a fan that makes the PC sound like a Boeing 747. I've never had a CPU related problem.

Olger901

Banned
LOL my athlon XP goes to 30 Degrees (in Celcius) My AMD cooling was also the prob. Now I got Watercooling and the prob is solved

Flash

Technomage
Olger901 said:
LOL my athlon XP goes to 30 Degrees (in Celcius) My AMD cooling was also the prob. Now I got Watercooling and the prob is solved

Water cooling ? Not a smartest solution - what if your water pump gonna die ? CPU overheats within seconds - Pschhhhh !!!!

Olger901

Banned
Next to the Water Cooling System there Is another simple cooling system. I dont know i tought the name was IronOpper Cooling Fan.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
I really don't trust water cooling...if anything goes wrong, your whole cpu will wither away...:sleepy:

Olger901

Banned
Well.... :innocent: I and 2 of my mates were just lets say we were drunk and We were at a building which used old pc's which they wanted to dump and replace with new ones which we were busy with late in the evening (and it got out of control). All old like 286, 386 etc. And we put them in my room since we didnt know what to do with them and the next day when I woke up I didn't know what to do with em. So I just blew em up :p

and my room still stinks like hell :p

Last edited: