What's new

Are you importing a Wii at launch?

Will you import a Wii?

• Hell yes, screw the Japanese text!

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Hell no, I'll wait til I can actually read the instructions.

Votes: 23 95.8%

• Total voters

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Cheezyphil said:
Really?!

BAAAAAAAAAAAAD marketing strategie...
What are you on about? Since Nintendo decided to push back the release, they figured they might as well do it as a launch title for their new machine. But, unlike other companies, they decided that they shouldn't pass back on their word, so they made two versions: one for the cube (as it was meant to be released for) and one for revolution.

Cheezyphil

megahuge gaming bwner
But, doomulation, then it means people might just buy it for GC and not for Wii
making Nintendo lose the couple hundred bucks they would get forcing a customer to buy a new console.

Doomulation

Money-wise, yeah, but then again...
More people have a GC than a revolution, ya know? And it's good to know nintendo does not back out on their word.

BlueFalcon7

Its actually the games where consle companies make their money. By releasing it for the GC, more people will buy it, and in turn, more money.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
The Wii is backwards compatible so it doesn't really matter too much which version you buy. Only difference is the controls. I'll probably get the gc version because I don't know if I like the new controls yet, that plus I already own a GC. Black thing, been playing pikmin 2 on it. (Inspiration for avatar, the flamingo looking boss creature)

Doomulation

The_nameless said:
The wii version also has widescreen
And if for nothing else I'd get it for this reason. I'm surprised there hasn't been widescreen support in most games yet, since widescreens are pretty common.

Oh and you know that nintendo typically gains some profit from selling consoles, too. They don't make them über powerful that costs $700 to make.

Last edited: