What's new

Any Tips for perfect HD video playback in the PC?

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
Just wondering if you guys can share your experience in the matter, specially for x264 playback. I currently use Media Player Classic and CoreAVC. Any tweaks for them, or maybe other options? What do you guys do?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
I can't get HD content that has softsubs to play without audio/video to go out of sync for the life of me. Some softsub HD content works without a hitch while the majority desync like crazy.

Hardsubbed content doesn't have this problem either. I use CoreAVC and ffdshow, with the Matroska Splitter and DirectVobSub for subtitles

Last edited:
OP
t0rek

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
mmm, I also use ffdshow for the audio, but I use the Haali Media Splitter instead

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
The Haali Splitter is the Matroska Splitter. Or rather, the Haali Splitter splits Matroska files, hence the dual meaning.

Another N00b

i use the same media splitter with zoom player and rly like how it handles 300 (the movie) in hd, though sometimes it seems like some pixels are getting messed up. there are some lines in the middle of the screen at some places so that it seems like the the movie got unproportionally resized. yeah, hard to explain, but it happens rarely anyway.