What's new

Another Low Lines Poll XD

What should be the next emulation addition to my flash Database?

• Gamecube (personal choice)

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Playstation 2

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Nintendo 64 (gonna be annoying)

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Other (specify in a post please)

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
L

Low Lines

I have this feeling you are just procrastinating! 7500 games is nothing...
When I was young we walked bare foot for 600 miles in fields of volcanic glass, and we liked it! ;)
(evil laughter belongs here)

<sniff> I agree the game thingy will be easier to obtain.
Did you know there are a lot of crappy games out there? :D

Cyb
I've had some people say I was crazy when I told them how many games there were. And I seriously had started doing it (had like half of all of the NTSC games done), am I'm not not doing....like I said I get to do the Gamecube ones first, PS2 will start after the gamecube.

And to say about procrascinating :p I've decided to start constructing lists for all newer consoles as well (Wii, Xbox360, PS3, PSP) as I can write up a resource file with info on their realease and then when their emulation starts...i'll already have it all there ^_^

here's something cool though wii games have serials like this RZDJ, so the "R" would stand for Revolution no doubt which is cooles, not to mention some developers are using the "Revolution" word in the same way they did the "DS" for NDS games (ie Pokemon Battle Revolution), I'm guessing they didn't to makes like "Mario's Galaxy Wii" cos that's sounds wrong LOL

Finally of course, there's only 10 days left until I will have a Wii and the Zelda Twilight game.....and I really want to play that ^_^

(I like the Japanese Zelda Twilight cover over the USA and EUR ones, sort of diappointed they didn't use it *cries*)

OP
L

Low Lines

Righto!! Something kinda cool, here's a screeny of my first redesign of the database which I am gonna do for each separate console.

I've also started adding my functions into it (including my PERFECT scrollbar which I am very proud of ^_^, as in functionality), and I've decided to split game lists according to region to make list smaller which will resolve the issue of pausing for a bit (which is caused by attaching a list item movieclip for every item in the list, if you have 1000 games, you do the math)

Generally it runs pretty much fine with anywhere up to 500+ games in a list, but i've decided to keep them separated like this. The actual parsing of data is instantaneous, as I ran multiple tests, so it's the actual generation of the items in the list that causes a slight pause (depending on how good your cpu is).

Also this design is loosely based on the Official Wii Website, though honestly cos the original design is so simple not to mention typical (as it uses the colors of the console) me using them isn't so bad ^_^ plus I made note of this anyway which should be clearly visible in the screeny.

This preview is for a release list, which is obvious since that is all that is out for the Wii anyways, but again all that will be needed is a compat list to be generated later on (which will be almost automatic I should think) and a slightly modified design to house the different information...But right now my primary objective is to get the RELEASE INFO side of the consoles written up like this as it is the most tedious part cos you have to write up each game individually as there is very little redundant data to be automated.

Atm I am working using Flash version 8, as I can't be stuffed saving it through the menu everytime (as Ctrl+S saves it as ver 8), but I shall when it comes to sticking it on the server.

So cyb :p am I still really lazy?

Cyberman

Well I updated the wiki information on FF7 field data so ... them apples! ;)

I'm horribly unfond of flash, Adobe buying out macromedia did not help things a bit for that front. Flash9 is a pain to install (gee I wonder why).

So my point is ... these virtual engines for use on the web, ... SUCK! It's too bad there isn't anything better out there huh?

Cyb

Last edited:
OP
L

Low Lines

Well I updated the wiki information on FF7 field data so ... them apples! ;)

I'm horribly unfond of flash, Adobe buying out macromedia did not help things a bit for that front. Flash9 is a pain to install (gee I wonder why).

So my point is ... these virtual engines for use on the web, ... SUCK! It's too bad there isn't anything better out there huh?

Cyb
Oh piffle to you :p
I just won't ever update beyond Version 7-8 :p

Cyberman

Sorry that was after trying to get Adobe's latest and worst version of flash to work. I realized suddenly that the problem wasn't me. It was there installer. I fixed it by installing SHOCKWAVE instead, which oddly enough forced FLASH to install afterward. I think they have a bug in there install program that doesn't invoke the proper 'toys' Those boys should not rely on anything MS makes to get install there software. Not only is it likely to be unrelyable, it's a good way to embarass the hell out of you too

Good idea, I think I'm going to see if I can find a IT install for flash player, this internet installation crap, makes me really anoyed.

Cyb

OP
L

Low Lines

Well adobe can go shove themselves with pointy sticks :D as long as they don't remove that backwards compatibility with older verisons.....or else i'll personally destroy them :p

Anyways.....atm I am working on my Wii list as I get my own console next Thursday....then after that i'll get the gamecube one done up as well as redo the whole NDS one so it has release information too....shortly I'll be running some tests with flash version compatibility, which i'll probably get some testers here (aka Cyberman) to tell me how it fairs on their computers....and then once I've got everything working the way I want it....I'll start then uploading all my stuff to my site and give the site itself a major overhaul!! considering changing the site to a HTML/PHP based one due to the way i update it.....might need a little help working out how to do a PHP news page which would be a life saver i thinks.

Cyberman? *winks with an evil grin on his face*

Oh and i've nearly clocked Yoshi's Island (YAY) a shame quite a fair bit of the game is just a remake of the original :( take 5-8 castle boss.....eep!!

OP
L

Low Lines

Sorry but the Wii is awesome (got mine today)....so I'll just HAVE to take a few more days off of working on my project.....I have Zelda Twilight to complete you see (YAY!!)

Cyberman

I hope you don't expect to finish TP in a few days?!

(cough cough) erstwhile I've decided to attempt a little project with Playstation emulation. :D

Cyb

OP
L

Low Lines

I hope you don't expect to finish TP in a few days?!

(cough cough) erstwhile I've decided to attempt a little project with Playstation emulation. :D

Cyb
Maybe.....but I find all the Zelda games so pridicatable, I was already guessing what was inside treasure chests and everything :p fishing is a pain though....

[EDIT]

btw i'm also kinda proud cos i've worked out my own release date sorting function ^_^ also works with quarterly and tba dates too ^_^

Last edited:
OP
L

Low Lines

Low Lines Resources

WIP Release List Database for Wii :p Unfortunately it's still encoded for Flash 8 because it uses Advanced Anti-Analysing (text) and Stroke Hinting (lines), and without them there is a significant difference in the smoothness/sharpness....:(

I'll post a few images later to show what differences these effects make, but atm I'm going to bed cos it's 4am in the morning here *yawns*

The covers and stuff are being uploaded (of what i've done I mean) and it'd be nice if people could have a look at it and give me feedback at all on it....As far as I know, I've removed all errors in any of the code and whatever. I just want to be sure it's done before I work on separate database swf thingies so it'll just be a matter of changing the design and defining a few fields :p jumping back an forth to change something is a real pain in the arse so getting it right the first time is useful :D

If anything I might remove the Detailed List View of the menu as I don't like the boxy style I used as it doesn't flow in with the rest of the design. But anyways :p

and about 40-50% way through Zelda Twilight.....