What's new

ANNOUNCE: Dolphin Now Open Source

nmn

Mupen64Plus Dev.
Yes it will be much different but as you said it is being more clean however it will be much different, yes. I test Twilight Princess with horse riding into Link's hometown and it crashed. So unoffical released have a corruption or something. The Dolphin64 beta 3 x64 doesn't have a problem. I will wait for offical released then. :)

Actually, that's not the sort of difference that would occur on an unofficial build vs an official build. It's most likely simply a regression in the current development version, but since most projects fix major bugs before release, the next official release will probably have that fixed anyways.

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
Read before post. :plain:
Don't be a douche. "We'll release some new official builds soon, too." could mean they're stopping development after the bulds are released. Though by recent posts it looks like that's not the case.

xtra krazzy

Dolphin Developer
I'm so glad you've finally decided to do the right thing and move to open-source. Thanks to you, emulation will evolve while you will be remembered as a milestone.

Wii support was inevitable. They use the same chipset and graphics hardware, am I correct?

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
I'm so glad you've finally decided to do the right thing and move to open-source. Thanks to you, emulation will evolve while you will be remembered as a milestone.

Wii support was inevitable. They use the same chipset and graphics hardware, am I correct?
You can't be correct, the Wii and the NGC would be the complete same console.
Let me guess: Sony fanboy?

Olly

(Y)
To be fair, the NGC is pretty much in the Wii, so he's not far off is he?
EDIT: Yeah, just checked, the Wii architecture-wise is just a more powerful GameCube.

And just wondering what the priority is for now, are you finishing off NGC emulation before moving onto the Wii, or will you work on both?

Last edited:

nmn

Mupen64Plus Dev.
To be fair, the NGC is pretty much in the Wii, so he's not far off is he?
EDIT: Yeah, just checked, the Wii architecture-wise is just a more powerful GameCube.

And just wondering what the priority is for now, are you finishing off NGC emulation before moving onto the Wii, or will you work on both?

The Wii has various other differences though, doesn't it? Thinking along the lines of OS and BIOS especially.

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
I already have a (broken) GC, and a Wii. But playing it full speed with sound, on my computer, that is my dream. It is just so fascinating what people are able to do. Today is a day where that dream is much closer to reality. The OpenGL plugin works amazingly great, SMS looks amazing, Luigi´s Mansion works, without me having to press the graphics option, which cause lightning to have a weird bloom effect.

Fantastic work guys, and making it open source opens up a lot of possibilities. Oh, and i know it is an unofficial binary;)

X-Fi6

I'm having a problem with SSBM, even with the latest SVN. After the intro, when I get to the menu, Dolphin just closes itself. I'm using the x64 version if you're wondering.

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
It works fine with me. You must be doing something wrong. Install all the latest drivers, including DirectX, graphic card drivers, and the lot. You should also make sure (Naturally) to not copy this build into an existing Dolphin directory.

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
Stupid ass Radeon doesn't support shader model 2.0. :( Only sixteen more days....

Federelli

Beta Tester

The Nintendo Wii is nothing but an extension of the GC, still uses blocks instead of bytes. Still a PowerPC, a bit more powerful tho and with higher clocks. More RAM, and even Hollywood is an extension of Flipper, with higher clocks and some new stuff.

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
If you are talking about the sound plugin, then yes. Oh, and Fed - WTF? Where have you been hiding lately?

And btw, the OpenGL plugin...It´s so sexey. I´m playing SMS as we speak, it looks GREAT, it plays smooth, but not full speed.

Last edited:

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
Haha, i see...I tried WoW a while ago. I dunno, probably didn´t spend enough time on it, but i wasn´t able to properly immerge myself into the game... Probably needs more practise, my gaming skills are TERRIBLY rusty..

ON TOPIC: Emu sexey yay!

Last edited:

powered_by_tux

It's nice to see how much Dolphin has evolved so far and going Open Source is a great move, too.

I can't wait for the first fully working Linux build. Cheers. :linux:

Bianc0neri

Seriously? Wii Basic Support too? I almost cried when I saw this, I jumped in happiness. Amazing job you have put on this Dolphinteam, you've all of my respect.