Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I dont care/know

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddy

I Run This
I, personally like AMD more than intel. its my preferred chip manufacture/developing company for x86 processors. But their new naming scheme is really gay, i hate it.

Lets be realistic, a AMD XP 2200+ does not compete with a 2.54ghz. AMD is falling behind in clock speeds, and i see that as a negative result of their new names. Hopefully the clawhammer will deliver higher clock speeds, and better performance. Id hate to buy a pentium 4 instead of a athlon.

Who do YOU like?

yogaman

Banned
yawn..... didn't we have a similar thread before for about z-ilion times?? zzzzz ... AMD of course , *burp*

Intel won't produce a Hammer clone so they will have to rely on
their dark and dirty policy again in order to keep AMD low.I guess
no matter how many years passing,they never change.

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
Back in the day intel used to have more power for mhz, and the mhz myth worked against them. Now they went the opposite way, and they totaly relie on the mhz myth. With each generation of processor, they continue to do less work per clock cycle.

I currently own a pentium 3 1ghz in my laptop, its honestly crap compared side by side to an athlon of the same mhz when running GTA3.

Eagle

aka Alshain
OK, weve all seen this before and frankly I'm getting tired of seeing it. I can tell you how this is going to end up and save every body the time and effort. Many people will like AMD, and many people will like Intel, then we'll start a debate about it, and get into arguments and finally someone will lock this thread to stop it all, so I'm going to do us all a favor and lock it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.