What's new

Am I stupid or was I ripped off ?

WhiteX

OK, the new Ati Radeon 9600 PRO is here, but the memory speed is 200 mhz, now, is it to go multiplied by 2 ´cause of DDR or was i ripped off?

By the way, after the board my pc keeps rebooting, Any ideas?

DOGG

all 9600 PROs should have the same clock. Yeah i'd agree that the reboots can be attributed to a lack of power. Also, you installed the drivers right?

Clements

Memory clock is 200 x 2 = 400MHz. 9600 Pro's normally have a 600MHz memory clock which leads me to believe you have a 9600 instead. What is the core clock?

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Indeed you're right. The core clock difference threw me off. I had a 9600XT, that's all the experience I spoke from. :p

But yeah, GeCube has always offered lower priced-same named products with lower clocks than actual reference hardware.

OP
WhiteX

WhiteX

the rebooting is due to power supply, i took off a vent and the rebooting stopped, the OC will remain, i gotta buy some more powerfull colling solutions.

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
WhiteX said:
OK, the new Ati Radeon 9600 PRO is here, but the memory speed is 200 mhz, now, is it to go multiplied by 2 ´cause of DDR or was i ripped off?

By the way, after the board my pc keeps rebooting, Any ideas?

LOL. That's not a Radeon 9600 Pro!!! At the best, that's a Radeon 9600 SE, thus you got ripped off!!! :yucky:

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
RJARRRPCGP said:
LOL. That's not a Radeon 9600 Pro!!! At the best, that's a Radeon 9600 SE, thus you got ripped off!!! :yucky:

The 9600SE has a 64-bit memory bus. His doesn't.

GeCube sells lower clocked, same name products for less.. he didn't get ripped off.

OP
WhiteX

WhiteX

-Shadow- said:
My PC kept rebooting after I installed the Radeon 9800Pro and let it run in 8x AGP mode :plain:

see if you got the dreaded "control panel" version of your drivers, since i got rid of that abomination my system stopped rebooting. Oh! And i released more power by taking off an unnecessary vent out of the comp. see ya!

And colliscool, i did not got ripped off but it kinda sucks when you buy smth to get your pc a little better and you only got the worst product of it´s kind, but moving on i´ll buy the fans and ramsinks to make the OC go on and post the results in a week or so.

Last edited: