What's new

1964's fault? my pc hangs when i'm playing in fullscreen with glide64 + voodoo4

ggab

Emutalk Member
weird, but real.

i guess noone has that behaviour, thanks to the wrapper....

but i need somebody with a voodoo card to get feedback :bouncy:

ok, let's go to describe the crash.

0) winXPsp2, v4 + Amigamerlin 3.1 R11 drivers set (glide3x, the latest one, v3.10.0.40404, October, the 4th 2004)
1) i let getright (v5.x , v6.x) to redial if disconnect (i have dial up 56k 'net connection)
2) i launch any game with 1964 0.99 (not tried 0.85 yet) + glide 0.7 , 0.8 (maybe all versions)
3) it's all ok, no problems until...
4) suddenly, my modem hangs up, so GetRight tries to dial to reconnect as soon as can
5) here comes the PC hangs (black screen with weird icons colors and aspect, as soon as getright is dailing (always in fullscreen) again
6) i need to reset the pc.

my opinion: i guess that 1964 emu lets another program to steal (main?) focus, so the getright dialer's window box tries to minimize? the current fullscreen aplication running.

ugly antidote: to use PJ64
why?, because it does not allow the getright dialer to steal focus at all.

PS: getright would not be the only program that can steal focus (to 1964 in fullscreen), it's just i don't have / know another aplication that does the same as GetR.

PPS: i need that GR dialer stuff to keep my 'net connection active/alive, so go on downloading with azureus, emule, direct downloads, etc
Well, maybe i need adsl or cablemodem urgently :D

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Why not just turn Getright off while you're running 1964, if in the event your connection dies you're at the computer to deal with it anyway! :p

Maybe try another redialer, I found this one --> http://www.snapfiles.com/get/onlinemoni.html
(Might not work, I don't have a Dial up modem to test, it "sounds" ok)

Doesn't your windows connection settings not have an Auto-Redial option anyway? (maybe)