What's new

1964 randomly disables the video plugin

Kyo

Yeah..
This is really irritating. I thought it was a plugin issue, but after some tests i see it's not. After playing for awhile (can be 10 minutes, can be an hour or more) 1964 just seems to disable the video plugin, that goes to 0% and doesn't show anything while the music still plays (no sfx obviously). I tried saving the game and reloading, but it's no use, still 0% and blank screen. It's not a driver issue. I tried a clean install too. I'm on an Athlon 1900+ with Radeon 8500.

I really hope someone can help me, because i tried everything and now i don't have any more clues.

Cadex

Which plugins are you using? I have the same problem when I use Jabo's sound plugin with 1964. If you are using that plugin, try Schibo's sound instead.

OP
Kyo

Kyo

Yeah..
Yes, i usually use Schibo's audio. For the video i use RiceVideo, but it freezes that way with gln64 too, so i believe it's not a plugin issue. Maybe i'll do some more testing without enabling the RSP, seen that this problem is given to yoou by Jabo's, but i doubt it'll help.

Cadex

Hmm, it's probably a completely different issue then. I'd recommend seeing if you have the problem with a game that is easy to emulate like Mario 64. Also see if you get the problem with PJ64 and same video plugin.

vleespet

The decent one
If the game doesn't stick all the time at certain places it could be a memory leak. Try running rambooster, and see how much memory gets used while using the emulator.

OP
Kyo

Kyo

Yeah..
I'll try and report, thanks.

EDIT: No, memory usage always stays below 50%, so it's not the problem.

Last edited:

NeoNight

yeah I get that too usually I have to restart the emu when that happens. Maybe its one of those core issues or something.

OP
Kyo

Kyo

Yeah..
This is getting stranger. I noticed it seems to happen only when playing Super Smash Bros. :huh:

BountyJedi

is it by any possiblity the eurpean version?!?!
cuz then i got the same problem ....
but mostly occurs while playing sp super smash for me although the us version seems to work better for some reason i dont know why but it just does ... so i usually run that =p

OP
Kyo

Kyo

Yeah..
Yes it's the E one. Mmm...i'll try using the U one and see.

EDIT: Nope. neither the U nor the J version work.

Last edited: