What's new

1964 "Netplay"

Acorn

Ok, this is boggering me (what doesn't). I've got four computers of various configurations on a network (three winxp, one win98se). 1964 on all, works fine playing games. No unusual problems in any of the systems, everything else is working as normally as things can on windows computers. I go to netplay - join a server, create a game, choose a rom. Start game. Game loads up and starts running... in the background. Behind both the kailleria windows (pardon the spelling). The window with the start game button keeps the focus, and if yer like my dad, trying to move them of the way doesn't help. They still have focus and I can't send commands to the 1964 parent window. There is no minimise or shrink option I can find, and forcing them to minimise just crashes netplay. I can close the windows, but then it leaves the multiplayer game. Ok... so I assumed you had to have multiple players for it to work. Got a kailleria server, set it up, works fine. Connected two of the computers to the server computer, created a game, joined it with the other, started the game - both computers loaded the game and started running it (netsync test passed in the server), and both computers had it... behind the two kaillera windows. No way to get to the 1964 window. Tried it with more players, seperatly on all the computers, tried with multiple players on a net server (non local, in case I had configured the server wrong), same problem. Using any different plugin configuration, same problem. Tried it with the latest ini's, rdp's (or rsps... can't remember, whatever), using all the latest drivers, with the latest directx (although it has the same problem with older directx's and drivers, though some of the cards are nvidia and some ati). Tried it with no updates, every update. Exact same problem. I have no clue how to get it working : //

Anyone have any ideas, or "duh, you missed this simple option dude"'s?

Oh, and tried it with many diff roms.

OP
Acorn

Acorn

Pick one and create a game, let me try it out without having anything to do with the host :) Got icq/aim/msn/yahoo?

OP
Acorn

Acorn

Mmm, got nooties, got it working... but now kallera is being a little ***** and won't connect to any server, with or without noote's ;( Grr

schibo

Emulator Developer
For now the workaround is to go to User Options and check the checkbox "Automatically Start in full screen".

OP
Acorn

Acorn

Yay, workaround works! Cooliscool, we shall have to play with this further.

Thx schibo :)

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Sorry bout last nigght, i had to go to bed because of school in the morning. I'm off right now but when i get home i'll look for you. :)

Gamer123

Xbox Addict
Is netplay working good? Because one time I went online no one was playing n64 at fugu nor snausage so I assumed that it still isnt playable. Where do all the n64ers play?

tbag

*100th post woot!*

Gamer123 said:
Is netplay working good? Because one time I went online no one was playing n64 at fugu nor snausage so I assumed that it still isnt playable. Where do all the n64ers play?

Hmm.. good point ive tried heaps of times aswell and ive tried network play and it didnt work both comps crashed :(