What's new

1964 0.9.9 downloads with a "Backdoor.trojan" virus and does not run!!!

gitech

N64 Artist
1964 0.9.9 downloads with a "Backdoor.trojan" virus and does not run.

When I try to run I get the message "...... is not a valid win32 application"

I had to uninstall because of issues. Now I can not get a good copy of 1964 from any source. They all have this virus and issue.

Anyone know about this?

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
I have Norton's. The warning window pops up as soon as the download completes. 4 windows that say it's been deleted, then a window that says unable to repair this file, then another window that says access to the file was denied. And only when downloading from ngemu I get another window that says internet explorer cannot download. unspecified error". I have tried the 1964 home site, the emulator zone, and ngemu. All do the same thing.

I do not see any real effects to my PC, yet. I need to do a virus check huh?! (I hate them, takes to long)

UnaidedCoder

Your Better Half
Get rid of Norton. It's garbage. It's library update is a snail, it's a system hog, and, of course, it hardly ever deletes a virus.

McAfee isn't much better though. But good luck switching, since they both leave behind pesky registries and other little bits of info to keep you from switching to a competitor.

The result: get AVG.

That all said and done, deactivate the damn thing and try it out, because I doubt three different providers all got 1964 contaminated with the same trojan (especially not their homepage). It's an emulator, chances are Norton's one-eyed scanner thinks it's fishy.

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Thank you. That worked. You were right.

I still can't get BH to run well in 1964 again though. It won't do anything with the controls. Like I don't even have the controler pluged in with jabo's. Any other input plugin won't let the game start or slows it down to a crawl. Hmmm...

In PJ64 you can unfreeze BH by pressing F2 twice. But, until the clipping issues are worked out...:cry: