What's new

12-year-old arrested for opening his Game Boy too soon

Miretank

Lurking
Hahahahaha, this cracks me up. :D
While most people would say that it's impossible to steal a gift, the mother argued that the gift hadn't yet been given and still belonged to her.
That's because she is his mom, image if she was not! :D

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
Hah, this is hilarious! The boy kinda had it coming too...I still remember when i was a disrespective intolerant mutt...LOL!:king: Anyway, hilarious stuff, a toast to that, Toasty! Lol =]

Cyberman

I am glad I don't have children or that kid would have been in deep trouble.
Of course it wouldn't have been my kid, I wouldn't let them get away with anything pretty much.
Cyb - damned strict

pegasus001

Normal User
This is serious, it was the best thing to do. He should have been punished. This is what happens if we fullfill every wish of our children. Well we will see what will happen to us. :(

Clements

I had problems accessing tgdaily.com earlier too, as for us in the UK it redirects to the UK site where they did not put up the article. I could only access the site through a proxy, but it seems they have now fixed the issue.

smcd

If he has a history of discipline problems, making the cops do the parenting isn't the way to go about getting him back on track... it'll likely just make him harbor resentment towards law enforcement.

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
If he has a history of discipline problems, making the cops do the parenting isn't the way to go about getting him back on track... it'll likely just make him harbor resentment towards law enforcement.

I agree. Plus it seems that it would embellish on the child that the mother seems to care more for the material item and not the child themselves. Maybe a better punishment would have been not allowing him to have the gift for X number of weeks or maybe even returning it to the store. There had to be a better way then this.

Last edited:

pegasus001

Normal User
I agree. Plus it seems that it would embellish on the child that the mother seems to care more for the material item and not the child themselves. Maybe a better punishment would have been not allowing him to have the gift for X number of weeks or maybe even returning it to the store. There had to be a better way then this.

Well i don`t see anything bad in telling your child wich thing is bad and which isn`t. And if he doesn`t listen to what you`re saying than a punishment is needed. It is the same with all the children that aren`t punished at all, and this guy here is no exception to the others. But i also think that putting him in jail wasn`t the best thing to do.

sick deal

This mom sure has high moral standards. According to this article she was having sex and getting pregnant at age 14. But hey, lets condemn this 12 year old kid for opening his presents early. :plain:

Last edited:

loopsider

The police report stated that the kid had stolen a "Playstation Game Boy." I wonder where I can get one of those.

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
Don't forget the waste of the state resources. What about if somebody really needed an officer in that moment?