What's new

1.5 graphics plugin works better then 1.5.1

4real

I find that 1.5 graphics plugin seems to work better on my system then 1.5.1.

So i updated PJ64 to 1.5.1 and then pop the old 1.5 graphics plugin back in from back up.

These are my findings :-

Banjo tooie :- Using 1.5.1 my system crashed but with the old 1.5 it plays fine.

Turok 2 :- Using 1.5.1 my system would crash at the start, now the game plays ok using the old 1.5 plugin.

So if u having probs maybe going back to 1.5 plugin could help.

======================================================

4real *all info is advice only and may not work on your system*

jollyrancher

I've never had problems with 1.5.1 that weren't in 1.5.... and 1.5.1 also fixes the pausing problem that plagues many games (Mario Kart, Tony Hawk, etc).

gandalf

Member ready to help
Ha! 4Real,i have the same video card,and Bajo-Tooie never crashed with Jabo 1.5.1.
And,one problem in your Computer it is the chipset SiS 630/730.
It´s only for AMD.
Try to update graphics drivers.

vleespet

The decent one
2 additional problems in 1.5.1:

- Paper Mario isn't working correctly.
- Background in Yoshi's story.

Clements

1.5 stopped working for me altogether for no apparent reason, so I was *very* glad that 1.5.1 was released.

rcgamer

the old guy
yoshis story works perfect for me with 1.5.1. Like rices plugin, it just takes a little configuring.

OP
4real

4real

gandalf said:
Ha! 4Real,i have the same video card,and Bajo-Tooie never crashed with Jabo 1.5.1.
And,one problem in your Computer it is the chipset SiS 630/730.
It´s only for AMD.
Try to update graphics drivers.

All graphic drivers are up to date and emulator works fine with 1.5 plugin for me.

My other computer runs fine with 1.5.1 but if you do have problems with the plugin it seems going back to 1.5 is the answer.

I find all computers have diffrent issues with plugins and its just finding the right config for ya system at the end off the day.

4real * all info is advice and may not work on ya system *

revl8er

That Damn Good
For me, the 1.5 plugin skipped around sometimes during gameplay, but that was fixed for me in 1.5.1 so I was glad that it was fixed.

OP
4real

4real

Mystic Gohan said:
For me, the 1.5 plugin skipped around sometimes during gameplay, but that was fixed for me in 1.5.1 so I was glad that it was fixed.

I agree 1.5.1 fixed a lot of issues.

And it seems that the fix in 1.5.1 is still there when you go back to 1.5 plugin.

This is what ive done :-

Installed 1.5 the upgraded to 1.5.1 then put the old 1.5 graphic plugin back in.

The emu still seems updated as the old problems still seem fixed after the 1.5 plugin is put back in.

As i say it depends on diffrent system's and this might help other people who have problems with these games.

4real *all info is advice only and may not work on your system *

Jabo

Emulator Developer
there really is no reason to use 1.5.1 over 1.5, I released that as a hotfix for anyone who had issues

like if you had initialize or performance issues, upgrading should solve most of those, beyond that I would argue to say the actual release 1.5.1 might have more bugs than 1.5 since it was coded at a point when it was being branched for other things and didn't go through as much testing