What's new

Get Firefox!!!

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Firefox has never crashed on my computer. Besides, it's all about opinions. you think Opera's better, I think Opera and Firefox are equal.

BoggyB

They do exist. There also exists people who don't care what browser people use. And don't forget that people who use Lynx also exist.

Blacklord

Banned
I like ie7. It's just like firefox when u attach a download manager to it. Plus i have firefox, IE7, and will probably get opera :p

euphoria

Emutalk Member
I have to say that the new Opera 9.00 Beta is really kicking ass! It's faster than before plus a dozen new tricks (including a bittorrent support). The only downside is that there are few bugs (as there usually are at a beta stage).
Can't wait for the 9.00 final to come.

Firefox is nice also, just stay away from IE.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
I love Firefox and swear by it, but it's full of memory leaks and overusage of RAM while running (it doesn't seem to clear anything, it only grows as you browse). My only issue, though it's not enough to make me use anything else. :)

arnalion

Nintendo Fan
It takes a little more ram than IE.
IE is integrated into the system so it's impossible to track the ram usage.

Agozer

cooliscool said:
I love Firefox and swear by it, but it's full of memory leaks and overusage of RAM while running (it doesn't seem to clear anything, it only grows as you browse). My only issue, though it's not enough to make me use anything else. :)
The memory leaks in Firefox are usually some extension's fault. If you keep Firefox and the extensions/themes updated, there won't be any leaks. (at least as of 1.5.0.2)

zAlbee

Keeper of The Iron Tail
I don't think most people actually know what a memory leak is. It's not a memory leak. Firefox decides to keep all this junk in memory because it's available. I highly doubt it's an actual memory leak.

Agozer

zAlbee said:
I don't think most people actually know what a memory leak is. It's not a memory leak. Firefox decides to keep all this junk in memory because it's available. I highly doubt it's an actual memory leak.
If the memory usage of a process gradually increases to the point when said process takes up all your RAM = Memory leak.

What's "all this junk"?

If Firefox's memory usage goes over 100MB without having a truckload of tabs open simultaneously, you have a problem. On average FF takes around 25-70MB depending on how long it has been running.

Last edited: