What's new

Rice Video 5.5.1 WIP

ryanraab

OminaeYu said:
I don't know about anyone else but since version 5.4.2 everything is totally screwed up after the first use of Direct X (textures ahead of the polygons, polygons flashing and jumbled together)

Also you get some great seizure inducing black and white flashes when trying to use pixel shader options which seem to be the only Direct X option to work when Direct X screwed up but not even it works now.

Only OpenGL works now which I know is best for GeForce cards but there are more options for Direct X which is why I like to use it.

Im using a Geforce 3 Ti200 and Original WHQL'ed Forceware 56.55 drivers

Get the newest drivers 56.64 maybe there help. That's what i'm using. I have a Geforce 4 MX which in ways is worser then your card but everything is working for me. So try getting the latest drivers. Also I have a newer direct x version check dxdiag and tell me if the end of the version number is 2 or 3.

liteuser

I'll be Back!
Edit : Thanks , Rice
The patch fixed it , now ill get back to testing .
Sorry I didnt read earlier that the resolution bug was already
reported , next time ill read everything first . you are the best .
thanks again , Liteuser

Last edited:

ryanraab

Anything else going to be fixed with the patch? lol sorry had to ask. I mostly want the things that got broken with oot fixed. Just a suggestion. lol

P.S With Rice's progress we should have graphics working perfectly in the not so far future.

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
The patch is uploaded, for the Zelda OOT problem and resolution selecting.

rcgamer

the old guy
star wars shadows of the empire is getting worse. now in game is just a black screen. doesnt show the words going up the page at the beginning of the game either. thats with 5.5.0.

Last edited:

ryanraab

Thanks Rice. Water now works. That was wierd though water in oot was not at all. Anywhere you go that should have water was not showing. So anywhere you go in water in oot it was like you were swimming in air. Guess the tree bug and water bug were the same type of problem.

hurleybird

Hq2x looks really great, but many textures seem to have an annoying red outline.

Very nice release though, love the GUI.

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
rcgamer said:
star wars shadows of the empire is getting worse. now in game is just a black screen. doesnt show the words going up the page at the beginning of the game either. thats with 5.5.0.

It was broken many release ago. I have not touched for long time.

ryanraab

Another game to report that works perfect 1080 snowboarding. it had problems before on older versions. Like slowdowns and graphical problems. Nice to see you get it working perfect again. Also looks awesome with the Image enhancements. You should even add more image quality options. Ofcoarse it's upto you. lol Soon N64 games will look like HQ PC games with Rice's progress. lol

Edit: Also a couple of games did not run at good speed which I thought was a bug or something and now all games run at perfect speed.

Powerlord

Evil Emperor
Rom: Shadowgate 64 - Trials of the Four Towers (U) [!]
1964 version: 0.99
Video card: Radeon 9000 Pro w/ recent drivers from ATI's website
Problem:
RiceVideo 5.4.3 (DirectX) plays this game (up until a certain point, but it may be sound related)
RiceVideo 5.5.0b (DirectX) generates a 80090CA0: Exception in emulation thread. when starting the rom. I've tried Pixel Shader and Semi Pixel Shader mixers, but haven't experimented with any others.

Last edited:

rcgamer

the old guy
Shadowgate works here. at least for the little while i ran it. seemed fine. I used to fit your card option.

Powerlord

Evil Emperor
rcgamer said:
Shadowgate works here. at least for the little while i ran it. seemed fine. I used to fit your card option.

Oddly enough, deleting the mempack file seems to have fixed it. Why that would cause 5.4.3 to work but not 5.5.0, I have no clue.

Last edited:

xamenus

Rice said:
You must be kidding. I guess you can find a way to have it working soon.

Okay, I uploaded to 5.5.0b, and it's working now. Thanks. :) (Don't know what could have been the problem)

rcgamer

the old guy
wichoxp said:
More problems in Rush 2:
*When smoke is present the game is slow.

we have the same card except you have mor megs on yours, the game worked fine for me with to fit your card option and everything else as default. no discolored tires . I would guess that you have some famebuffer or other option on that is slowing down the game in those spots. hope it helps.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Working ok here besides some of the common bugs other users have pointed out. Opengl looks like complete ass, as with any other build on this card. :p DirectX looks alright, but there are some pretty small but noticable problems (zelda oot flames, cutscene bars, link on the equip subscreen is visible but doesn't look.. "right") DX and OGL both set to "to fit your card". Tried others, but these always looked best. The closest thing next to it was Limited Stage 4 Combiner/OGL 1.4.

MK4: Runs fine. No problems.

Rush 2049: Runs fine. No problems.

Zelda OoT: Read above post. (dig the beta green map in one of the shots ;))

SSB: Runs fine, with a few miscolorations on some chracter textures.

MKT: Works fine. First plugin to achieve this! :D

Wetrix: Works fine, letter don't rotate correctly. Still the best plugin for the game. :)

Wave Race: Runs fine. No problems

CBFD: Doesn't look right and runs at a snail's pace. Works at good speed with Jabo's (just saying it isn't my pc ;)).

Shots in no particular order. Good job rice, love the plugin and am eccentric that it's being worked on and updated so frequently. :)

Last edited:

StAmAtIs

Hey Rice!
Good to see your still updating your plugin.
Some bugs I have come across that were fixed a couple of versions ago:

Super Bowling 64: the splitscreen error is back

Conker's Bad Fur Day: Texture problems