What's new

Dolphin Final 1.03.2 x64 Public Beta (single/dualcore support)

NepSquare

I'm using vistax64 and somehow, Metroid Prime 2 (NTSC) and Naruto 4 seem to work on and off... Did anyone notice the same? Cause afiak these weren't working on x64 beta3.

I wanted to trail and error this, but some how it seems totally random. Sometimes it does decode the mpg and doesn't get the WTF return code so you'll get ingame and sometimes you get b/w mpg and you'll have full compatability...

Metroid Prime 2 (3d looks great!) ran around 15-20fps btw, Naruto 4 beyond full speed. After a reboot Naruto 4 works 70% of the time and Metroid I didn't have the time for yet...

Anywho, I'd just thought I'd post my findings....'N

Koba

Hmmm, you guys did a wonderful job on this emulator, since I last used it, the speed is incredible, on my Vista 64 OS, with no drivers installed, I got more than 100% on SSBM, my system is:
Proc: AMD 3700+
Video: NX6800GS 256MB
RAM: 2GB
I beat the game on very easy mode few seconds ago, it never seemed to drop below normal speed, but it got CRAZY fast at the boss hand fight.
Naruto 4 never gets past the intro video, but oh well, thats ok, I'll try more games later. Heres my most sincere thank you for ector & F|RES, and all the others who helps make this emulator what it is today, you've all done an INCREDIBLE job.

Mky762

oh well yeah, if you have a 2 GB of ram your computer is insane, but for the games, they have to be .GCM not roms right

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
oh well yeah, if you have a 2 GB of ram your computer is insane, but for the games, they have to be .GCM not roms right

My dads Pc (which i sold to him :p) is a dual core 3.4ghz (per core) 2gb ram, 512mb nvidia (forget model no) gfx card..... But its only 32bit :(

If it was 64 bit i would be on it right now playing dolphin :evil:

NepSquare

Well, the processor in your comp is either 32 or 64bits. If you have the latter, you can install for example either Vista x64 or XP x64(both needed for Dolphin)... You can still install 32bits Windows on a 64bits processor, but not the other way around.

Hope this helps...

Mky762

if im able to install vista i have the 64bits? i really dont know what your exactly talking about, but would it say anywhere in the computer like finding the model # and Ram?

sry for the frustration

Toasty

Sony battery
CPU-Z will tell you if your processor supports x86-64 instructions. Just download the latest version and run it. Look in the attached image to see what you're looking for. Of course, you'll also need to be running a 64-bit OS (64-bit processors can run 32-bit and 64-bit OS's) to use 64-bit programs such as Dolphin.

Last edited:

Mky762

so im guessing that it will say if its 64 bit in the information row, like in the other guys picture?

Last edited:

diablo2121

teh diAbLo
I have some questions concerning the Pad plugins.

First, with the 1.03.2 x64 Beta, whenever I attempt to configure the Pad DirectX9 plugin, I receive a box that says ChangeNumPlayers. NOte that I am using Vista x64 with DirectX10.

Also, is nJoy compatible with this build? I ask since I don't believe SDL is compatible with x64. Thanks.

NepSquare

Dito here, nothing to configure, but Mky: you can still use Beta 2 of Dolphin, which is 32bits.

I'd go for XP 32bits instead of Vista for your machine...

aru

i don´t know if it only happens to me but starfox assault crashes randomly while playing but the game seems to be very playeable.. taking in mind the sound is played correctly. is that normal or do i forgot to turn on some options?

about zelda... in the level(outside) get between 24-27 fps which is almost the normal speed of the game(30fps i think) but when i go to a rom or small place it gets too fast!! hope there will be a way in the future to frame-limit the games.

here are some screenshots of starfox so you can see where it crash... i couldn´t get farther.... well my quad-core can´t do magic :D

Last edited:

Mky762

Dito here, nothing to configure, but Mky: you can still use Beta 2 of Dolphin, which is 32bits.

I'd go for XP 32bits instead of Vista for your machine...

okay thanks man

NepSquare, where do i find the download for it, i used the search tool but i couldnt find it would it be on this website or downloads.com

Last edited: