What's new

Zelda MM black screen?

dave_luther

Dangerous Dave
I just started playing Zelda MM with PJ 1.4 but when daytime comes, the bells ring and the screen goes black, i have the good usa rom and am using an athlon 1200 with geforce 2 MX, 256 mb ram

RadeonUser

This is a problem that never got fixed, we're stuck with it, best you can do is wait for the day to change or take out the ocarina and go forward to the next day...

RadeonUser

You could do that...

However, later on in the game you will get back the item which was stolen from you (Ocarina of Time) Play C-Right, C-Right, A, A, C-Down, C-Down That will play the Song of Double Time (takes you 1/2 a day forward.

RadeonUser

I'm not exactly following... You can only use the Ocarina AFTER you get it back from the Skullkid. You have to shoot him with a Deku Bubble and he'll drop it, when you pick it up, you remember a song...

RadeonUser

Yes, you have to wait till the 3rd day at 12:00 PM, when the Clock Tower opens up... Until then, you just have to wait to clear the black sceen (day transition)

Ganondorf

After killing the skullkid,i can't see the sequence in which link remember hyrule and princess zelda...is it normal?Tnx and excuse me for my english...

Code11

Arn't there some things that have to be done during the day? How would you manage doing these things when you can't see anything.

PS: I haven't tried this game yet with 1.4

OP
dave_luther

dave_luther

Dangerous Dave
you can make it the day by using the ocarina or dancing, if you just wait for it to be day the screen will go black

RadeonUser

After killing the skullkid,i can't see the sequence in which link remember hyrule and princess zelda...is it normal?Tnx and excuse me for my english...

No, it's not normal :( You're supposed to see a black & white "clip" from when Zelda gives the Ocarina to Link and he's supposed to remember a song (The Song of Time)

This never got fixed along with at least another black & white clip from OoT... Oh well